By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What people blaming Geohotz and the "hackers" seem to be missing...

BMaker11 said:

A question to those saying that Sony's security is bad or that they were negligent:

Do you know how Sony's security works? How was the hack carried out? Could you have hacked PSN? I mean, Sony just doesn't care about our sensitive information and their security is so weak, right? 

How many companies have had their entire customer data-base exposed that effected >1M people?

I think you'll probably find that Sony is the first...

Tease.

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:

The spin is amazingly bad here. Sony says all personal information is compromised, but people in this thread seem to disagree. That is amazingly bad.

More like people don't understand what compromised means, compromised doesn't mean some hacker now has all the personal info that was on psn, it means he had the ability to acess it, thats all, compromised doesn't eqaul personal data of 77 million people stolen 

Squilliam said:
BMaker11 said:

A question to those saying that Sony's security is bad or that they were negligent:

Do you know how Sony's security works? How was the hack carried out? Could you have hacked PSN? I mean, Sony just doesn't care about our sensitive information and their security is so weak, right? 

How many companies have had their entire customer data-base exposed that effected >1M people?

I think you'll probably find that Sony is the first...

Well Gawker was 1.4 Million

Kasz216 said:
imaprettyhotguy said:
Kasz216 said:
Dude.... Just stop, your sounding crazier and crazier at this point, I half expect you to claim 9/11 was a conspiracy.

"An MS owned media outlet".

I mean... your implying Microsoft is some way doctoring the story to "get at Sony"!

If they cared that much about "getting sony".   They'd just tank the Vaio by refusing to liscense Windows to it.

9/11 was a conspiracy do you know the defintion of conspiracy? http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/conspirac

2. an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious planformulated in secret by two or more 

persons;plot

3. a combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evilpurpose: He joined the conspiracy to 

overthrow thegovernment.

Bottom line is all of the links you have provided are turning had ability to access into stole 77 million of and probably nots into maybes and maybes into probablys and thats just not accurate journalism 

Yes, parse words, to defelect about how crazy you sound by claiming MSNBC is planting exagerated stories to sabtoage Sony.

Sound Strategy.

I'll rephrase though... you sound like one of the people that believe (9/11 was an inside job, all relgiions are the same and created to control people, Jesus didn't exist as a person ever, International bankers control the world and have been responsible for every war since WW2 to gain money and control, Obama is not a US citizen, Sarah Palin.

Sony said all personal info was compromised.  So yeah... that would be all users no?

MSNBC exaggurates all stories except ones that put 360 or other MS products in a negative light, they downplay those ones, and it would be more to justify charging for online to the masses then sabotaging Sony, makes alot more sense when you think about it like that doesn't it, and like I just explained to the other person compromised just means someone had the opportunity to acess it, not that they did, or that they stole 77 million of it 

Ok Sony handle this so badly i mean 9 days to tell everyone what's really going on? Why in any of these reports that i haven't herd any law enforcement of any kind involved yet? Maybe that hackers just tried to crash or damage the PSN not steal CC's but they or no one else know that yet.

Sony should be blamed on how they handled this whole thing but it was Geohut that encourged hackers to do this in the first place. He shouldn't be taken off the leach for Sony's stupidity well he did made a mountian out of an ant hole.

"We don't always hack sites but when we do, we prefer Sony"-Anonymous

http://www.cristgaming.com/pirate.swf

Around the Network

trollslol

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

imaprettyhotguy said:
Kasz216 said:
imaprettyhotguy said:
Kasz216 said:
Dude.... Just stop, your sounding crazier and crazier at this point, I half expect you to claim 9/11 was a conspiracy.

I mean... your implying Microsoft is some way doctoring the story to "get at Sony"!

If they cared that much about "getting sony".   They'd just tank the Vaio by refusing to liscense Windows to it.

9/11 was a conspiracy do you know the defintion of conspiracy? http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/conspirac

2. an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious planformulated in secret by two or more 

persons;plot

3. a combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evilpurpose: He joined the conspiracy to 

overthrow thegovernment.

Bottom line is all of the links you have provided are turning had ability to access into stole 77 million of and probably nots into maybes and maybes into probablys and thats just not accurate journalism 

Yes, parse words, to defelect about how crazy you sound by claiming MSNBC is planting exagerated stories to sabtoage Sony.

Sound Strategy.

I'll rephrase though... you sound like one of the people that believe (9/11 was an inside job, all relgiions are the same and created to control people, Jesus didn't exist as a person ever, International bankers control the world and have been responsible for every war since WW2 to gain money and control, Obama is not a US citizen, Sarah Palin.

Sony said all personal info was compromised.  So yeah... that would be all users no?

MSNBC exaggurates all stories except ones that put 360 in a negative light, they downplay those ones, and it would be more to justify charging for online to the masses then sabotaging Sony, makes alot more sense when you think about it like that doesn't it, and like I just explained to the other person compromised just means someone had the opportunity to acess it, not that they did, or that they stole 77 million of it 

I didn't think you'd outright say that.

Though, great... you've officially walked through the "Conspiracy theorist" door.

Thank you for proving my point... and ignroing that this is what everyone is saying...

and that yes, compromised does mean they took it.  Or do you think they just hacked into sony's personal information database and then just sat there.

I mean, that's like saying "Sure we know that the guy was mugged, but how do we know the muggers took his wallet!  He might of just never owned a wallet, or not had it on him!"

Though it's kinda... a pointless arguement, since it would still be the biggest breach in customer privacy even if they didn't "write everything down".

Cause you know... they breached security... to the file.... that had all the names.

Kasz216 said:
imaprettyhotguy said:
Kasz216 said:
imaprettyhotguy said:
Kasz216 said:

persons;plot

overthrow thegovernment.

Sound Strategy.

MSNBC exaggurates all stories except ones that put 360 in a negative light, they downplay those ones, and it would be more to justify charging for online to the masses then sabotaging Sony, makes alot more sense when you think about it like that doesn't it, and like I just explained to the other person compromised just means someone had the opportunity to acess it, not that they did, or that they stole 77 million of it 

I didn't think you'd outright say that.

Though, great... you've officially walked through the "Conspiracy theorist" door.

Thank you for proving my point... and ignroing that this is what everyone is saying...

and that yes, compromised does mean they took it.  Or do you think they just hacked into sony's personal information database and then just sat there.

I mean, that's like saying "Sure we know that the guy was mugged, but how do we know the muggers took his wallet!  He might of just never owned a wallet, or not had it on him!"

Not really a conspiracy more of an agenda you really need to work on this definition thing, is english your second language? And have you considered they were trying to do something else entirely with admin accounts and didn't even care that they had acess to that information? And it's more like someone picked a lock into a secure room with personal information files and a safe, the personal files are compremised but we don't know that they wanted them or that they copied them or even that they had the ability to copy all of them they could have been after what was in the safe and failed to get it or just one file or a few you people are just assume the person has all the personal information on psn based on an argument no stronger then a they might not have even wanted them

Your suggesting that the entirity of MSNBC is biased against Sony, an pro 360. 

How isn't that a conspiracy... you know, espeically based on your above definition... you've apparently already forgotten you posted in this thread.  Each post you make seems like you've forgotten the past posts you've made in this thread, twisting and wrapping your arguement in a desperate spin attempt to not realize that at this point your

Also, they've somehow completely hidden this fact from the public without any reporters, ediotrs or copywriters sayign anything or any memos leaking.

A conspriacy that would have to involve it's partners which involve the NYT, the New York Post and other media partners.

Oh, and also NBC.  Apparently NBC is perfectly fine letting microsoft push propganda with their 50% of the stakes, nevermind that it might hurt the reputation of MSNBC (which Microsoft owns 0% of) or any other news they report.

(Oh, and every other news company that's reporting this story apparently.  Maybe M$ is just monehatting them all!)

double post...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !