By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Project Cafe/3DS and the abandoning of the consumer

^Wii has reached its peak, ROFL

Wii for years was on a trend overselling the PS2, now it's dropping off hard, that is not because it reached its peak,, it has yet to even pass the PS1 in sales, let alone even get near the PS2, its because Nintendo thought like you do that it had nothing to learn from the public and made games that it wanted to make, but that did not move consoles.

Nintendo had plenty of room left for the Wii to grow if they had continued to pursue the strategy of the early Wii.  Instead they followed what they did and the Wii went into a decline they were never able to truly reverse.

Around the Network
axt113 said:

Did I say replace every game with just 2D mario (nice strawman though)?  I said the resources could be spent on other games old schools and expanded audience games, but hey, wasting money on Galaxy and Other M and the like really made Nitnendo successful, I mean look at how much those games tore up the sales charts and moved consoles

Oh wait, they didn't, in fact Wii is in a massive decline thanks to those games, but hey, Nintendo can do no wrong right?  right?

Thankfully I'm under the impression you don't believe a word you're saying because otherwise I'd be thinking you're completely mad.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

Thankfully I'm under the impression you don't believe a word you're saying because otherwise I'd be thinking you're completely mad.

You'd be wrong on both counts, I am serious, and what I have said is fact, if it weren't then Wii would not be in decline, and 3DS Mario, M:OM would beconsole movers, rather than resource wastes that prevented other games, games which could have moved consoles, from beng made

TruckOSaurus said:

Like I said, my generation SUCKS when it comes to knowing what they're talking about.

Aiddon said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Like I said, my generation SUCKS when it comes to knowing what they're talking about.

Well I'm sorry about your generation, I on the other hand have stated what is correct, and you will see it pan out, heck look at 3DS sales, in last place in EMEAA, won't be surprised if it falls below 100K sales WW this year

Around the Network
axt113 said:

Well I'm sorry about your generation, I on the other hand have stated what is correct, and you will see it pan out, heck look at 3DS sales, in last place in EMEAA, won't be surprised if it falls below 100K sales WW this year

-Takes a shot- What about platypuses?

axt113 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

You'd be wrong on both counts, I am serious, and what I have said is fact, if it weren't then Wii would not be in decline, and 3DS Mario, M:OM would beconsole movers, rather than resource wastes that prevented other games, games which could have moved consoles, from beng made

This judging of 3DS Mario pre-emptively is going to make me blow something up. Maybe i'm just still thinking in violent terms after playing Conduit 2 for 2 hours, but seriously, what the hell? The most we could concede from your line of thinking is that Nintendo needed to better space out the console-pushers, but different teams make different kinds of games, hell the ever-loathed Sakamoto's team came up with WarioWare and Tomodachi fucking Collection, yet all we bitch about is "OtherMOtherMOtherM"

You can't fathom the furious frustration i'm feeling generated by this obstinance.

This is the hopelessly obstinate, downright cancerous influence on discourse that i was talking about. We can't have a discussion in any field anymore without people screaming about Nintendo's current discussion.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
axt113 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

This judging of 3DS Mario pre-emptively is going to make me blow something up. Maybe i'm just still thinking in violent terms after playing Conduit 2 for 2 hours, but seriously, what the hell? The most we could concede from your line of thinking is that Nintendo needed to better space out the console-pushers, but different teams make different kinds of games, hell the ever-loathed Sakamoto's team came up with WarioWare and Tomodachi fucking Collection, yet all we bitch about is "OtherMOtherMOtherM"

You can't fathom the furious frustration i'm feeling generated by this obstinance.

This is the hopelessly obstinate, downright cancerous influence on discourse that i was talking about. We can't have a discussion in any field anymore without people screaming about Nintendo's current discussion.

whoo, that's some MIGHTY spite. Kudos. I have a novel to write, so  I think I'll follow the Cartman creed

@axt113

It's impressive how you continue with what you believe.

I won't even try to counter your points of view, the trees don't let you see the forest. But i disagree your way of thinking, hands down.

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

i do think that nintendo is making a mistake trying to aim for the hardcore audiance this time with cafe...sure nintendo will always have those who will follows them but the majority of hardcore fans just dont support nintendo much anymore

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.