By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Galaki said:

How long until Sony calls the Wii2 gimmick?

Kevin Butler is going to do it for them at e3 =p

Around the Network

Eurogamer

Nintendo's rumoured Wii successor, thought to be codenamed Project Café, will run off AMD's R700 GPU architecture, according to a new report.

Anonymous sources told IGN that, on that basis, the system will out-perform the PlayStation 3's NVIDIA 7800GTX-based processor.

Its CPU will apparently be a custom-built triple-core IBM PowerPC chipset similar to that of the Xbox 360 but with faster clocking speeds.

According to the sources, the console will output at 1080p with possible, but as yet unconfirmed, support for stereoscopic 3D as well.

It's also claimed that the console will be roughly the same size as the original Xbox 360 and resemble a modern take on the classic SNES' form.

The report claims it'll be manufactured by the Taiwanese Foxconn plant and be ready to ship this October, though Nintendo may hold back the release to build up stock and give developers more time to finish software.

radiantshadow92 said:
Galaki said:

Kevin Butler is going to do it for them at e3 =p

I am betting on Jack doing it first.

Nsanity said:

UPDATE!

Multiple sources tell IGN the console - dubbed Project Cafe - will be "significantly more powerful" than the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and be backwards compatible with current Wii software. The console will also utilize a new, tablet-shaped controller. Sources say it will have a 6-inch touch screen display, dual analog sticks, and has the ability to stream content directly from the console. 

funny thing is i almost bought a wii last night but decided to get a kinect instead lol ......

so is it better to wait for the wii 2 now or get a wii?

Galaki said:

idk but how long is until microsoft move to annouced their xbox 720?

Around the Network
epicberserk said:
Galaki said:

Didn't both MS/Sony said nothing until 2014?

Oh nice, finally they admit it. I know there will be a lot of people that will be disappointed, one of them being Soriku.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

FYI on the 6 inch screen rumour, a 6 inch screen is flipping huge. You're not getting two Japanese girly women blue ocean hands around something THAT big... Anyway it has always been about the motion of the ocean, right?

Tease.

Galaki said:
epicberserk said:
Galaki said:

Didn't both MS/Sony said nothing until 2014?

it was a rumor but come on i dought ms or sony going to let nintendo have 2 years on the market with the wii 2 before their next systems launches

Squilliam said:

FYI on the 6 inch screen rumour, a 6 inch screen is flipping huge. You're not getting two Japanese girly women blue ocean hands around something THAT big... Anyway it has always been about the motion of the ocean, right?

ya that is huge , nintendo said it like having a tablet in your hands