By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Anonymous Explains why they hacked Ps3. April 21/22 2011

lol according to him, the majority of people support them. looks like they dont go on any gaming sites.

Around the Network
pizzahut451 said:
Dr.Grass said:
pizzahut451 said:

I had a different subtext in mind...

Like what?

Something about how they are 40 old virgins without lives and how their big day has come to fight for their rights...to name on of many things I could think of.

Mr Khan said:

Sony messed with consumers' rights, and now faces the consequences. I can't condone this one because it is illegal, but it's a natural consequence to Sony's bullying

banning pirates and cheaters is bullying?

if it is then whats wrong with it?

if i made a game and i realised someone was copying it, i would beat the shit out of them....atleast sony are not going to that extent.

Dr.Grass said:
pizzahut451 said:
Dr.Grass said:
pizzahut451 said:

Like what?

Something about how they are 40 old virgins without lives and how their big day has come to fight for their rights...to name on of many things I could think of.

But thats the ironic sarcasm..thats the langauge Anonymous speaks

pizzahut451 said:
Dr.Grass said:
pizzahut451 said:
Dr.Grass said:
pizzahut451 said:

Like what?

But thats the ironic sarcasm..thats the langauge Anonymous speaks

You are one of them aren't you. You ruined Portal 2 for me you bastard. I.will.kill.you.

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:
Mr Khan said:

Sony messed with consumers' rights, and now faces the consequences. I can't condone this one because it is illegal, but it's a natural consequence to Sony's bullying

if i made a game and i realised someone was copying it, i would beat the shit out of them....atleast sony are not going to that extent.

We go back to the fact that GeoHotz was excercising his protected consumers' rights which caused piracy through no legal fault of his own, and Sony decided to target him because they couldn't deal with the broader piracy, or just because they figured they could lawyer him out of existence (which they more or less did as far as it pertains to the PS3). They lashed out at the innocent because they could not cope with their own problems. In the legal world, bullying. Anonymous is calling them out on it. They're combatting illegalities with illegalities, but Sony stepped outside the lines first

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
Mr Khan said:

We go back to the fact that GeoHotz was excercising his protected consumers' rights which caused piracy through no legal fault of his own, and Sony decided to target him because they couldn't deal with the broader piracy, or just because they figured they could lawyer him out of existence (which they more or less did as far as it pertains to the PS3). They lashed out at the innocent because they could not cope with their own problems. In the legal world, bullying. Anonymous is calling them out on it. They're combatting illegalities with illegalities, but Sony stepped outside the lines first

without jailbreak there would be no piracy. geo hot released jailbreak fully knowing it would lead to piracy.

its like drink driving, no-one has the intention of running someone over but if you drink and drive, its bound to happen and you pay the consequences if it does.

epicberserk said:

sony should retaliate at e3 i think would be pretty funny if they dress up like annoymous , as a funny stunt lol like maybe kevin butler

So, you want Sony to give free publicity to Anonymous?

fps_d0minat0r said:
Mr Khan said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
Mr Khan said:

without jailbreak there would be no piracy. geo hot released jailbreak fully knowing it would lead to piracy.

its like drink driving, no-one has the intention of running someone over but if you drink and drive, its bound to happen and you pay the consequences if it does.

If we were to assign Hotz blame in this allegorical scenario, he would better fit the bartender. He just sells the stuff, where it goes is not his problem, and it would be equally erroneous to blame him.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

whoever donated to the hackers cause, has donated to PSN being down.

"war has changed..."

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5