By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - World's Best Graphics On Consoles! Top 10 by GameReactor

CGI-Quality said:
Hellstrom said:

The vast majority of the gaming sites put C2 as the new benchmark.

They actually don't. No game got more recognition for graphics than Killzone 3. Uncharted 2 follows, then Killzone 2.

They actualy do, the only ones still holding on to the KZ3/UC2 being the best are fanboys.

Full list and quotes from every site either hailing it the Benchmark, best on PS3/360, or best yet on consoles. 3rd post. KZ3 & UC2 are great, i know i played them, neither of them are pushing what Crysis 2 was for consoles and what Rage will possibly push even more. If you like a game's artstyle better than say that don't claim its better because its "OooO" dark, grungy, & devoid of color. I played Crysis 2 on both the 360 & PS3 stopped to look at every wall and observed every face KZ3's face models in game don't even compare to Crysis 2 on either system.

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/official-top-10-best-graphics-/1202601?page=8

Around the Network
Hellstrom said:
CGI-Quality said:
Hellstrom said:

They actually don't. No game got more recognition for graphics than Killzone 3. Uncharted 2 follows, then Killzone 2.

They actualy do, the only ones still holding on to the KZ3/UC2 being the best are fanboys.

Full list and quotes from every site either hailing it the Benchmark, best on PS3/360, or best yet on consoles. 3rd post. KZ3 & UC2 are great, i know i played them, neither of them are pushing what Crysis 2 was for consoles and what Rage will possibly push even more. If you like a game's artstyle better than say that don't claim its better because its "OooO" dark, grungy, & devoid of color. I played Crysis 2 on both the 360 & PS3 stopped to look at every wall and observed every face KZ3's face models in game don't even compare to Crysis 2 on either system.

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/official-top-10-best-graphics-/1202601?page=8

not this again

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head/head2head-killzone-3-vs-crysis-2-analysis/

http://www.lensoftruth.com/features/feature-crysis-2-frame-rate-analysis/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-crysis2-face-off

Is it just me, or does fight night champion look like shit? (in that photo at least)

Other than that, no huge surprises

Hellstrom said:
CGI-Quality said:
Hellstrom said:

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head/head2head-killzone-3-vs-crysis-2-analysis/

Fanboys huh? lol, crysis 2 runs at 15-30 fps. Has little screen tearing as well, which means dynamic v-sync when the engine is under stress.

It has sub HD resolution.

It has texture pop-ins. And object pop-ins.

It has AI problems.

It has weaker AA as well.

Killzone 3 has HD resolution, increasing the pixel count by around 12%.

It runs at perfect 30 fps with no screen tearing.

No texture pop-ins and object pop-ins and no installation required either.

Has one of the best AI in the fps industry.

Uses MLAA which equals 8x-16x MSAA in look.

For the supposedly "best graphics game on consoles", this what some reviewers and technical experts had to say:

"There are parts of the game that seem to be brutally unoptimised, bringing the performance level crashing down to the point where the afflicted sections become almost unplayable - a variable 15-20FPS update in an intense fire-fight is hugely disorientating, and this makes Crysis 2 one of the most inconsistent performers released in recent times.

In these situations, it seems that it is the Xbox 360 version that has the most difficulties, though there's no mistaking that both platforms seem to lag badly in much the same areas. Interestingly, the really poor-performing sections do seem isolated to specific areas in the campaign, and from the hive infiltration level onwards things seemed to improve, but it's quite difficult to believe that those areas of the game got through QA without someone, somewhere raising the red flag.

The key to progression through these troublesome areas is to employ stealth rather than a balls-out frontal assault, but in a game that places so much weight on presenting different tactical strategies for potential flashpoints, it's disappointing that it's technical issues that are effectively narrowing down the available options." - Digitalfoundry.

"The graphics crown still belongs to Guerrilla’s Killzone 3. Not only does Killzone 3 look graphically better, the performance its more stable throughout." - Lens of Truth

"Textures and objects can be distracting as they pop into view, and the frame rate doesn't always retain a slick pace. Visual glitches can also annoy. You might run into occasions on which the depth-of-field blur breaks, causing everything to appear out of focus. Moving an emplaced gun might cause objects seen through its sights to smear together." - Gamespot

Everybody talks about the same games about having the best graphics but with obvious reasons...

My question is why MLB 11: The Show is being overlooked?  maybe because is a sports game?  and forgetting its a Sony in house product.

This game in my opinion should be in the top 3 list and possible second to non of being the best graphics on consoles..

I know this game is not for everyone unless you like baseball, but even if you dont like baseball and watch this game in 1080p glory you will drop your jaw in disbelief .. not only has great graphics but great animations and physics too.

Can you tell?  this can't be from a video game..

Look at the cloud shadows over the field above.

A gorgeous in mid-air double play gameplay

You haven't seen nothing yet by looking at these still images, you have to see this baby in motion, you wont know if its a live baseball game broadcast or an actual video game.

My Trigger Happy Sixaxis controller

Around the Network

I think I have to agree with this

Thoughts

Alan Wake deserves more props.

GOW III is no 1 for me, Poseidon, Hades, the Titans are visually insane shit that haven't been matched imo.

Sounds like some have overhyped C2's visuals but I still need to get the game.

CGI-Quality said:
The_God_of_War said:

GOW III is no 1 for me, Poseidon, Hades, the Titans are visually insane shit that haven't been matched imo.

Sounds like some have overhyped C2's visuals but I still need to get the game.

First piece: indeed. God of War III had a level of detail I still find untouched today. It was just astounding, with a variable framerate of 30-60fps, NO screen teraing, and textures as sharp as a sword. I've not seen anything like it. Best looking console game for me, without question.

As for your last sentence: the game definitely has it's high points, but the visuals are a little over-played in my view.

So do you have C2 & which version? I couldn't consider a game in clear need of polish as the best graphically. After hearing what DF/LoT had to say it could have used more time in the oven.

The list seems reasonable to me, however i was supprised that Gran Turismo 5 or FF13 wernt in the top 10. and i expect the Last Guardian might threaten the place of the top 5.

Lol this is amazing, its funny how gameractor suddenly matters and what they say is fact, i bet if they said crysis 2 was the best looking game, this article would have been discredit but legions of fanboys.