By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - World's Best Graphics On Consoles! Top 10 by GameReactor

Very close but don't fully agree with the order. I love how both Killzone 2 and 3 made the top 5 though. Fuck yea.

Around the Network

The original XBox CLEARLY has superior graphics to the PS2.  Wait, what are we talking about?

The top 3 seems acceptable to me, but IMO having Gears of War 2 in a top 10 list for best graphics is a bad joke...

I truly don't understand why it's on the list. Maybe one could argue you like the art-style so much as that would be pretty subjective, but the art style and overall atmosphere isn't appealing to me personally at all. Technically even Uncharted 1: Drake's Fortune considerably beats it and I find the art style a lot more appealing as well.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

@ CGI-Quality

I don't agree:

http://kineticninja.blogspot.com/2009/01/naughty-dog-realtime-graphics-and_31.html

Technically Gears of War 2 really shows its age in comparison with the best graphics this gen and personally I dislike the character models (especially as in art style).

I am not saying it's a horrible looking game and maybe not the worst looking one in this list, but I even consider one of your favourites, Heavy Rain, to top this head & shoulders in terms of graphics and that didn't make the list.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

richardhutnik said:

The original XBox CLEARLY has superior graphics to the PS2.  Wait, what are we talking about?

Unfortunately it had no games to show that. Unlike the ps3.

BTW, the point of this whole thread was to disprove the misconception, pretty diffuse it seems, that Gamereactor said that Cysis 2 has the best graphics. GR did not say that. That's all.

Around the Network
MikeB said:

@ CGI-Quality

I don't agree:

http://kineticninja.blogspot.com/2009/01/naughty-dog-realtime-graphics-and_31.html

Technically Gears of War 2 really shows its age in comparison with the best graphics this gen and personally I dislike the character models (especially as in art style).

I am not saying it's a horrible looking game and maybe not the worst looking one in this list, but I even consider one of your favourites, Heavy Rain, to top this head & shoulders in terms of graphics and that didn't make the list.

What the fuck. Uncharted 1 > GeoW2 based on that o_O'

@ Aldro

Not only that, technically Uncharted 1: Drake's Fortune had better lighting, anti-aliasing, higher quality textures and higher polygon counts. It's general art style was more appealing to me, such as Drake vs Markus character design.

Of course, I understand Gears of War 2 has a certain cool-factor amongst many XBox fans and it's still a very good looking game.

PS3 vs 360 sales

Aldro said:
cloud1161 said:

just to stroke my sony fanboy ego, 4 out of the top 5 were sony exclusives

Fuck yeees! :D

Love it :D

MikeB said:

@ Aldro

Not only that, technically Uncharted 1: Drake's Fortune had better lighting, anti-aliasing, higher quality textures and higher polygon counts. It's general art style was more appealing to me, such as Drake vs Markus character design.

Of course, I understand Gears of War 2 has a certain cool-factor amongst many XBox fans and it's still a very good looking game.

I've played the shit out of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

And it in no aspect is better looking that Gears of War.  It just isn't.  Its a beautiful game sure, but is nowhere near current standards inlcuding Gears 2. 

MikeB said:

@ Aldro

suprisingly enough Uncharted 1 is still a graphical power house and is still not beaten by more than a handful of games in the graphical department. i would say top 15 easily in graphics.

poly count, resolution, AA, HDR lighting, animations are still unsurpased by most games. if it werent for small faults in the game it could easily be top ten.

character models are still head and shoulders above 99% of games.

its unfortunate that people write off this games graphics, even though this 2007 game if release today would look better than most anything on the market