By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - World's Best Graphics On Consoles! Top 10 by GameReactor

Booh! said:
yo_john117 said:
BenVTrigger said:
yo_john117 said:
BenVTrigger said:

Gotta be honest this list sucks.  Dirt, Fight Night Champion, and Just Cause all shouldn't be on here.  Alan Wake and Heavy Rain easily look better than those titles.

And as for the top 3 it should go IMO

1.  Killzone 3

2.  God of War 3

3.  Uncharted 2.

So basically a pretty flawed list I think. 

I dont think so man...Dirt 2 is an absolutely gorgeous game and I think it definitely deserves that spot.

OT: I pretty much agree with most of the games up there..although I would change the order of them a bit.

DIrt's gorgeous don't get me wrong, but I generally as a rule don't include racer's in best graphics list due to there being considerable less restraints in a racer.  AI is hugely dumbed down in programming in comparison to other genres, and generally there are less mechanics and on screen actions as other genres.  Its generally easier to make a racer look exceptional due to the fact that you are mostly glossing up a single thing to make look VERY good, in this instance the cars themselves.  Its also much easier to hide flaws in a racer due to the speed and blurring effects commonly used.  Same problem I have with Fight Night being on a list, your really only programming and focusing on makeing two fighters look VERY good and highly detailed, but you don't have to worry about loads of AI in you engine or of makeing a highly believable surrounding and environment.

Just a personal thing though really and I can understand other people including them, its just not something I'm fond of doing.

Ok yeah I can see where your coming from...and I also think ME2 definitely deserves a spot on the top 10 since it looks slightly better then Gears 2.

A lot of games looks better than Gears 2, which is a 2008 game btw: FFXIII, Lost Planet, Trine, Heavy Rain...

FF13 most certainly does not look better, can't comment on the others though.

Around the Network

Disregarding technical issues, I still vote for Crysis 2.  The real-time GI/volumetric lighting gives everything depth and just looks real, some of the other games assets look flat with painted on textures in comparison.

I think Alan Wake, FF 13, and GT 5 must be there

Predictions for the end of 2011

PS3 60m/ X360 64m/ Wii 95m

Made on 01/18/2011

yo_john117 said:
Booh! said:
yo_john117 said:
BenVTrigger said:
yo_john117 said:
BenVTrigger said:

Gotta be honest this list sucks.  Dirt, Fight Night Champion, and Just Cause all shouldn't be on here.  Alan Wake and Heavy Rain easily look better than those titles.

1.  Killzone 3

2.  God of War 3

3.  Uncharted 2.

I dont think so man...Dirt 2 is an absolutely gorgeous game and I think it definitely deserves that spot.

OT: I pretty much agree with most of the games up there..although I would change the order of them a bit.

DIrt's gorgeous don't get me wrong, but I generally as a rule don't include racer's in best graphics list due to there being considerable less restraints in a racer.  AI is hugely dumbed down in programming in comparison to other genres, and generally there are less mechanics and on screen actions as other genres.  Its generally easier to make a racer look exceptional due to the fact that you are mostly glossing up a single thing to make look VERY good, in this instance the cars themselves.  Its also much easier to hide flaws in a racer due to the speed and blurring effects commonly used.  Same problem I have with Fight Night being on a list, your really only programming and focusing on makeing two fighters look VERY good and highly detailed, but you don't have to worry about loads of AI in you engine or of makeing a highly believable surrounding and environment.

Just a personal thing though really and I can understand other people including them, its just not something I'm fond of doing.

Ok yeah I can see where your coming from...and I also think ME2 definitely deserves a spot on the top 10 since it looks slightly better then Gears 2.

A lot of games looks better than Gears 2, which is a 2008 game btw: FFXIII, Lost Planet, Trine, Heavy Rain...

Lost Planet and Trine certainly don't look better either....I don't know what he's talking about.

I could see the argument for Heavy Rain looking better, though to be fair its doing MUCH smaller environments and much smaller scale of on screen stuff.  Gears is doing huge environments with dozens of enemies on screen at once.  Its much easier to make something like Heavy Rain look pretty than something like Gears of War.

well im glad to know if a ps3 game has good graphics it must be awesome

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
yo_john117 said:
Booh! said:
yo_john117 said:
BenVTrigger said:
yo_john117 said:
BenVTrigger said:

1.  Killzone 3

2.  God of War 3

3.  Uncharted 2.

Lost Planet and Trine certainly don't look better either....I don't know what he's talking about.

I could see the argument for Heavy Rain looking better, though to be fair its doing MUCH smaller environments and much smaller scale of on screen stuff.  Gears is doing huge environments with dozens of enemies on screen at once.  Its much easier to make something like Heavy Rain look pretty than something like Gears of War.

Those games are the best looking in their categories.
(they included Just Cause 2 for this reason I think)

i agree with the top 3

I don't mind a journalist posting their top 10 list based on their opinion but when you try and pass it off as some carefully crafted order based on a technical critique it's a joke.  It says based on the merits "technically and visually" with no futher highlighting of how they were supposedly scored to come to this "ranking".

Why has nobody bothered to question the motivation of a list like this that includes zero technial analysis?  There seems to me a very obvious reason Gears 2 is in there and not Mass Effect 2, they felt like giving a concession to 360 owners in the form of a exclusive in there.  To me it just makes even more of a mockery of the "ranking" system they used (i.e. pulled out of their ass and plonked on a page).  This is first class shit journalism for hits, seems to have paid off too given the attention they're getting.

I know that many may not agree, but I LOVED Demon's Souls graphical style.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

CGI-Quality said:

Their Top 5 I'm cool with (even though HR does deserve a mention on this list - but still), just not in that order:

1. God of War III

2. Killzone 3

3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

4. Killzone 2

5. Crysis 2

Ahhh, so you came down on the side of GOWIII over KZ3 in the end.

I can't fully agree with Uncharted 2 in first place with GR. I think the top 3 are very close. On my 720p 36"TV (not a great set up to judge) I give it to GoWIII on a screen for screen basis, but with KZ3 some battles there's soooo much going on that it's got to be worth something. So hard to really separate the 2 on technical grounds.

Aesthetically, which is really what's most important for each person, I have to give it to GoWIII. Haven't seen Crysis 2 live so I can't place it anywhere for myself. Uncharted 2 is certainly pretty and it really holds its own.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix