By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Sony, maker's of defective products!

outlawauron said:
I don't there have been any major recalls or defects to report regarding PS3.

I don't think there has been any. However when the xBox 360 was released there were masses of problems. Also when the Wii was released, Nintendo refused to admit there was anything wrong with the straps, and yet was willing to replace them for free. That just sounded like blaytant lying to me.

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

Around the Network

Their have been several tests of the original straps. They were nothing wrong with them. I have still have them. I mean the whole "I was playing Wii Sports Bowling and my strap broke and went through my TV screen story" just defies logic.

Tispower said:
outlawauron said:
I don't think there have been any major recalls or defects to report regarding PS3.

I don't think there has been any. However when the xBox 360 was released there were masses of problems. Also when the Wii was released, Nintendo refused to admit there was anything wrong with the straps, and yet was willing to replace them for free. That just sounded like blaytant lying to me.

lol... take it easy.  If you look closely, I think that's what he wanted to say - he just forgot to write the word "think".  Read the sentence again when the word is added.

@outlawauron - my apologies if that's not what you intended. 

personally, I haven't had any real issues with Sony products (except my current Sony Ericsson phone, piece of crap) I have a Playstation that still works (though I arely ever played it). I never had a PS2. I have a MD player and a Walkman (as in the cassette player) still around somewhere and they probably still work (though I haven't used them for ages) oh and my clock radio is Sony and it still works, I bought that about 10 years ago. All the Sony products I own (except the phone) have one thing in common. They're all at least 4 years old. (back when the Sony brand actually meant something) The Sony Ericsson phone I got over a year ago is the last Sony product I will ever buy, and I can't wait to get it replaced.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

I don't usually get Sony systems, but I know all of my friends' have broken is some way, shape or form. None of my Nintendo or Sega systems eever broke. The closest right now is my Wii. It's got some kind or weird bugs. The slow start up times, and it some times wont turn off wwhen i press the power button. I'm hoping a firmware update comes to fix it though.

Around the Network

For comparison: Nintendo, I have an original GameBoy (still going strong... those things were built to last). A DS (has the damn cracked hinge, I should go get that fixed, but I DID drop it a few times...) and a Wii (no problems, but it's just sitting there) As for Microsoft, I'm on my second Explorer mouse in about 8 years (the original explorer mouse, the big chunky gray one with two thumb buttons, I refuse to get it replaced. When my original broke I searched around for AGES to find a replacement since they ddn't make them any more), and an old first generation Internet Keyboard that's still going strong, although the keys are starting to fail, I need to get a replacement). It's little wonder that the keyboard and mouse is the only hardware business that Microsoft have ever made a profit on.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

no, sony systems are solid. my systems: ps, 2 ps2, psp, ps3 (mp3 walkman, sony cyber-shot) didnt give me any troubles, never.

PLAYSTATION®3

I have heard they are good about replacing the PS3, but then again I havent heard anything other than rumor on the PS3 being defective, the others Ive experienced first hand. I know MS 360 has lots of problems, so many in fact they admitted it and they also extended warranty to help sales!

Nintendo: NES - Worked fine, except for some cleaning the cartridge issues SNES - Never had any problems N64 - Never had any problems Gamecube - Never had any problems Wii - No problems so far SONY: PS1 - Never had any problems PS2 - I'm on my 4th console. First two had read disk errors. I used the online fix to correct the problem, but it kept coming back until it could not be fixed anymore. 3rd one plain died. MicroSoft: Xbox 360 - I'm on my 2nd console. I just replaced it due to it freezing on all of my games. I'd have to make sure to save my games every 10 minutes if I were to get anywhere.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)