By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Sony, maker's of defective products!

S/NES blowing trick: ask 100 people what they do, and you get 100 slightly different answers.

What is funny is that at the end of the day, those damn cartridges eventually played...

Out of all my S/NES cartridges, there were quite a few that required a "good blowing" (hehe) but none of them have ever flat-out died on me. 

Around the Network

"It was funny, because the box was in a display case, sitting exactly where it had been for the last 14 months."

Funny, there also are articles about the PS3 demo machine going up in smoke inside their display cases... 

dpmnymkrprez said:

Ok, I have read a lot of people's input on various systems. When I was younger i collected all systems. I remember anticipating the original launch of the saturn and the Playstation. I reserved both. I unfortunately was one of the first 50,000. As you may remember the first 50,000 would burn out. I played mine for about 4 hours and it overheated and was useless.

No problem right? Next came the Playstation 2(keep in mind I own all sytems)I was excited playing it. I loved the Gamecube as well. After 6 months of the Playstation 2 , the motor went out.....sound familiar to anyone? Hey i got an idea, since you have a library of games , why not buy another Playstation 2???Nope not me. My brother's Playstation 2 had a motor that went out as well after a year and a half. His sony TV and my Sony Stero conked out as well. I read threads about people on here that are biased. I am not, I just have cold feet about purchasing anything Sony. My PS3 is collecting dust. regardless what people think, I enjoy my Wii. Think about this, how many of you have had your Sega's and Nintendos conk out??? I think those two were the best rivals, after all they always out did each other for games. Microsoft got into the market for money, not games. Sony, well lets take a look shall we??? Nintendo/Sony created the Playstation. Period?? didnt know that?

So, anyone that has read this and is a Sony fan, is a closet nintendo fan, just scared to come out!

ONCE AGAIN NOT BIASED!!!!!!!   PS Resistance is good but there are too many first person shooters being developed.

Uh? you've had problems with Sony products all your life and then you thought the logical thing to do would be to buy a PS3 for $600?... then complain about being worried about Sony products failing and that's why you're considering a 360? - when it's be well documented that the PS3 is a way, way more reliable system than the 360? Dude I've read a couple of your posts about how you're new to gaming forums and you're not biased yada, yada, yada but in every post you seem to always have a negative slant towards the PS3 and favourable slants to the wii and you wibble wobble on the 360, just a little ... off to me that's all.

I personal don't care what you do but if you really like the 360 and feel the PS3 (which you already bought) then play what you want. Sell off your PS3 and get a 360 that way you can now concentrate on talking about your system of chioce and there'll be no more need to complain about a system you have doubts in.

I do believe that the number of PS2s sold is no way an indicarion of how many individual people acyually own one. I think the actual userbase is much much lower. We still have 2 original Gamecubes bought on the UK day of release but my son has had 4 PS2s because the laser keeps waring out although I am sure there are people out there still on their first PS2..

My family has owned many Sony products and the only ones to break is one Vaio laptop and of course the PS2. I only the PS1 for 6 months before the PS2 launched, so I had not problems with that. I am on my third PS2, although I only very rarely use it now (PS3 is here) the first one did not break exactly, it simply would not play Blue discs, such as Mashed, so I did a trade with Sony which meant that I got a reconditioned one for £60. That one lasted until about midway through last year or the year before, but that one probably broke from overuse, I would guess that occasionally I left it on for about a fortnight. In general, all my Sony products have worked really well, once I dropped my Sony camera down a hill though loads of bushes in the dead of night, then it started raining, with the camera still on. When I found the camera the following morning it had a few scratches but worked perfectly, it was remarkable. For note, I have had two Sony phones, four Sony Vaios, PS1, 3 PS2s, PS3 and 2 PSPs (for me and my brother)

add me

Around the Network

i got my ps2 at launch and i had it 4 5 years and it stoped working b/c i went on vacation and i had madden in and i forgot to turn it off and we were gone for a week so thats fine wit me

then i went out and bought a ps2 for GOD OF WAR 2 after wat 2 years or so 

I will say this, the PS3 hasnt conked out yet, but It seems like people are bashing the PS3 and from what I have read, the 360 has more defects than any console....TRU OR FALSE?

dpmnymkrprez said:
I will say this, the PS3 hasnt conked out yet, but It seems like people are bashing the PS3 and from what I have read, the 360 has more defects than any console....TRU OR FALSE?

True. I think the 360 is capable of Folding @Home, but that would mean leaving the 360 on for long hours. In a way, you'd be begging for the damn thing to fry. My friend has completed 63 WUs and he has been leaving his PS3 on overnight for quite a while. I was scared that damn thing would explode in our faces while we were playing a round of Motorstorm, but here I am, face all intact.

Atari 2600 -- no problems ever NES -- cleaning issue = blowing or having the end of the cart scrape the shell as you pushed down. SNES -- no problems ever Genesis -- controller had to be replaced N64 -- no problems ever GC -- no problems ever Wii -- no problems so far In Sony's defence, the PS3 has had any major reports of failures that he ps1/2 did. So maybe they got it right this time. 360 on the other hand, holy crap that is a p.o.s.

Poseidon said:
dpmnymkrprez said:

True. I think the 360 is capable of Folding @Home, but that would mean leaving the 360 on for long hours. In a way, you'd be begging for the damn thing to fry. My friend has completed 63 WUs and he has been leaving his PS3 on overnight for quite a while. I was scared that damn thing would explode in our faces while we were playing a round of Motorstorm, but here I am, face all intact.

Don't say that, it actually scares me, i leave my Wii on all the time, like you said.begging for something to happen.Anyone know the techy side of the Wii??

Is it safe to leave on? or do I need to turn it off and just leave it on wiiconnect???I actually only leave it on about 8-9 hours a day, I just don't want anything to happen to it.