By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - VGC Mafia Round -28- FullMetal Alchemist

theprof00 said:

also, quick question.

Is this game going to be plurality?

Quoted for a pertinent question!

Around the Network
Hephaestos said:

"Word has it that even artificially created human, presumably brought into existence by way of  alchemy, are lurking about."

so.... Lynch all lurkers!

(wow this looks so much like that zombie blunder :p (round whatever), i better read up to see if i'm not an artificial human myself lol)

hatmoza said:

Mr. Kitten places his paw on his forehead and mumbles, "how am I supposed to know the alignment? Last I checked: alignment doesn't equal role ... whatever that means. I guess I'll have to rely on my instinct and depend on others to aid this City from certain destruction."

Even if you are an artificial human, it couldn't have been an accidental confession. Besides, while the homunculi were all evil in FMA and mostly bad in the manga/FMA:Brotherhood, there were innocents in the chimera, though I don't know if they'd classify as artificial humans.

Hephaestos said:

"Word has it that even artificially created human, presumably brought into existence by way of  alchemy, are lurking about."

(wow this looks so much like that zombie blunder :p (round whatever), i better read up to see if i'm not an artificial human myself lol)

Ok, I like that you noticed this, but reading through it a couple times, couldn't you be jumping to conclusions?  I have interpreted it in a couple ways already, and not all of them would necessarily result in a "lynch all lurkers" strategy being the best of things...however, it is something to keep in mind.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Baalzamon said:
Hephaestos said:

Ok, I like that you noticed this, but reading through it a couple times, couldn't you be jumping to conclusions?  I have interpreted it in a couple ways already, and not all of them would necessarily result in a "lynch all lurkers" strategy being the best of things...however, it is something to keep in mind.

Why did you like it? It's just a bit of flavoring. "lynch all lurkers" is a good "strategy" because it helps enforce good(active) play, not because scum are the only ones to lurk.

Heph's post gave me the opposite feeling.(I did not like) As the next paragraph, which I quoted already, shows, role=/= alignment. On top of that, Heph apparently doesn't know much about his character. Which means it's either an obscure character, or he doesn't know the theme much. There are plenty(more than 13) of recognizable characters from FMA, so I will assume the latter. So even worse than implying that lurkers should be lynched this early in the day due to the mention of "lurking" in the flavor is making the assumption that artificial humans would be bad,(Yes I realize that in the general sense, someone that lurks is often a shady character) and thus scum.

The line within the parentheses is what really rubs me the wrong way. The rest could easily just be joking, but that is definitely serious. I'm having trouble deciding what to make of it.

To analyse the "alignment doesn't equal role" a bit more, it doesn't say name =/= alignment. So it could be true that the baddies from the series(either) will be the baddies here and be an intentional warning that typical town and scum roles aren't necessarily so; however, with roleclaims being frowned upon, I do not believe that to be the case.

Received my role and ready to play, I take it there is no time limit like in the last game?

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network
NotStan said:

Received my role and ready to play, I take it there is no time limit like in the last game?

Not unless we vote for one, heph did speed mafia

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Linkzmax said:
Baalzamon said:
Hephaestos said:

Why did you like it? It's just a bit of flavoring. "lynch all lurkers" is a good "strategy" because it helps enforce good(active) play, not because scum are the only ones to lurk.

Heph's post gave me the opposite feeling.(I did not like) As the next paragraph, which I quoted already, shows, role=/= alignment. On top of that, Heph apparently doesn't know much about his character. Which means it's either an obscure character, or he doesn't know the theme much. There are plenty(more than 13) of recognizable characters from FMA, so I will assume the latter. So even worse than implying that lurkers should be lynched this early in the day due to the mention of "lurking" in the flavor is making the assumption that artificial humans would be bad,(Yes I realize that in the general sense, someone that lurks is often a shady character) and thus scum.

The line within the parentheses is what really rubs me the wrong way. The rest could easily just be joking, but that is definitely serious. I'm having trouble deciding what to make of it.

To analyse the "alignment doesn't equal role" a bit more, it doesn't say name =/= alignment. So it could be true that the baddies from the series(either) will be the baddies here and be an intentional warning that typical town and scum roles aren't necessarily so; however, with roleclaims being frowned upon, I do not believe that to be the case.

I think you misinterpreted my post.  I like that he brought up that line as I never noticed it, not because I like his reasoning.  I actually thought I made it quite clear I didn't agree with the conclusions he was coming to, as I could think of a couple other things that might be the case.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Okay Baal, elaborate. You made it clear that it might be an incorrect leap, but I did not get the impression that you were very against the possibility Heph brought up. What other ways did you interpret the line?

Ah the speed limit made the game more interesting, although hastiness does sometimes have a casualty.

Could the line be interpreted in a way that the AI that is "lurking" about may be restricted to a certain amount of posts per day? Forgot what the role is called. I can't comment whether the AI is good or not, I have never read/watched FMA in my life, either way the we got to look for lurkers it seems.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

I'm guessing hatmoza is saving his Resident Evil game for a game with more players.

I know nothing about the theme but I guess I'll manage to be useful still since what I get from the OP is that hatmoza doesn't want us to focus on names/roles to find scum but on good ol' logic (guess I'll have to rely on my instinct and depend on others to aid this City from certain destruction).

Signature goes here!