By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 360 market share decreasing rapidly!

Decreasing? Yes
Rapidly? No

Around the Network

By 2009 the ps3 will take out the Xbox 360.

mM

leo-j

rofl

xbox 360, ps2 are my consoles 

end of generation predictions: wii 106 million Xbox 360 59 million PS3 57 million  

so in 2010 ps3 > xbox 360?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Spectrumglr said:

Oh no, not again...

lol that's soooo good, guess like I don't need to say anything after all 

Around the Network
RSEagle said:
I don't understand why the 360 usually sells a little better than PS3 worldwide, but is still rapidly losing market share to it.

If I have 100% of the market with 50 units sold and you have 0% of the market with 0 units sold then the following week we each sell 25 units the new market shares would be ME 75% & YOU 25%.

If the following week I sold 20 units and you sold 15 then the new marketshare numbers would be ME 70.37% & YOU 29.63%.

Market share is about ratios, not amount sold. 

-If you want to hold a 50% market share you must have half of the sales to date. 

-If you want a 66% market share you have to outsell your competitors by selling 2 items for every 1 they sell. 

-If you want to maintain an 80% marketshare you have to outsell your competitors by selling 4 items for every 1 they sell.

-If you want to maintain a 90% market share you have to outsell your competitors by selling 9 items for every 1 they sell.

-If you want to maintain a 95% marketshare you need to sell 19 items for every 1 they sell. 

- If you want to maintain a 99% market share you need to sell 99 items for every 1 the sell. 

-If you want 100% marketshare you must sell an infinite amount of items for every 1 they sell...or in reality your competitor cannot make a sale at all otherwise they will forever have some amount of marketshare.

To Each Man, Responsibility

I believe PS3 market share will definitly reach 360 market share by 2008, 360 cant touch spain, italy or japan like the PS3 can.

"Like you know"

Blackhawk FSI said:
leo-j

rofl

What's so funny? This is the general consensus on Vgchartz and doesn't seem far fetched to me either.

Apparently, the Playstation 3 does not have to outsell the Xbox 360, in order to take away some of its market share. The Playstation 3 simply needs to sell better than before, which is what it is doing.