By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The PS3 isn't doing that much better. Stop these stupid topics

Avinash_Tyagi said:
PS3 can't even break 100K in Japan during the holidays, its not going to win anything, except maybe third place, unless it can somehow gain traction in NA or Japan it won't even overtake the 360

I'm not surprised because there isn't any software that appeals to the Japanese. 

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Best PS3 CommercialBest Wii Commercial
Around the Network
Nanaki XII said:

Hmmmm... guess the Wii should only have the koolest of all the threads. I mean thats why I got mine all the Kool Kids were buying them. Wait... srry... I guess this rule should apply to the Wii as well... Yes maybe the Wii is making Milestones but so is the 360 and PS3 as well. To each their own. Guess thats why top 48 = Nintendo *stares blankly*. And this thred is the worst example of what your trying to prove. Plus if I'm not mistaking your trolling right in the title of the thread bashing the PS3... I wonder how that would work if I put another system up there? Bring on the FLAMES! *catches fire*

First off, I couldn't understand half of the stuff you were trying to say. But here is the deal.

It's not bad that a topic be made when a system hits a milestone. But most of these topics are not even for milestones. Most are just "Sony doing good". And as I said, it's no wonder why it is doing good. It should be. BUT, everyone want's to make 9000 topics about it.

And thatr's what almost alkl of you fail to understand. You just get all fussy that I said the PS3 isn't doing that well. Is it doing well. Yes, but it is to be expected. The point is these topics are usless. ALL of them are the same, and there is over 9000 of them. 8million is not a milestone people. 10 is. X in a short amount of time is. But 2 million in a 2 months span isn't, especially when those 2 months are holidays.

The point is people need to stop with these topics. Make one and then quit it. Wii and 360 did have their own topics but theirs were for higher benchmarks and not all in the span of a month. It's people just being stupid.PS3 is entiled to a topic, but we don't need 50 topics saying "Sony is back" and then every other post is "Congradulations Sony". Make one at 10million bgut actually stop these topics. When a real benchmark comes, make a topic. Make one topic saying "Sony is doing pretty good right now" Not "Yay Sony" 50million times.

EDIT:People, READ THE POST. Don't just read the title and make a post. I said Sony isn't doing bad but Sonyfans are so butthurt from the notion that Sony isn't doing blow the wall down amazing  that they fail to see the purpose of this is to stop the topics. There are too many of them. Make one topic for it and then stop these topics.

Sorair said:
jimmay said:
What a retarded thread. Their are plenty of worthless topics created about the 360, wii and the handhelds so a few ps3 ones aren't any different. The ps3 has dramatically improved and is worth talking about. As slim a chance as it is the ps3 still stands the chance of finishing first overall and next year the ps3 has the best software coming out so we'll see what happens. The ps3 is going to finish this year with 8.5-9.0 million in sales which is far greater than the 7 million alot of people were predicting.

It is retarded and a stupid ass thread that deserves to be locked. He is cleary pissed off because he sees the PS3 currently doing good in Europe and he doesn't like it.

agreed! I mean the trolling is in the name of the Thread!!! Captain Obvious himself wouldn't need to see that. lol

Me: Even if you think you like me... You Don't! It's just that simple. I can be the bigger man and accept Xbox 360 may have some good games but screw their Hardware to HELL!!! F*** the RROD!!! Me: I'm not a fan boy :D. I just choose to hate everything Micro$oft and I love being immature! Can't wait to talk to you! Aesop: It is easy to be brave from a safe distance. Aesop: We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. Me: STFU... I'm eating tacos....... I reverse...... yea! Predictions for 2008 Coming Soon!!!

Sorair said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
PS3 can't even break 100K in Japan during the holidays, its not going to win anything, except maybe third place, unless it can somehow gain traction in NA or Japan it won't even overtake the 360

I'm not surprised because there isn't any software that appeals to the Japanese. 

so there is software???! OMG

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Sorair said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

they've actually released quite a few games that supposedly should have appealed to the japanese, but none gained any traction, and yet the SDF'ers keep calling out to games that won't do much for Japan

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
Sorair said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

some do appeal to them and when they got released ps3 still didnt break 100k

Yojimbo said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
PS3 can't even break 100K in Japan during the holidays, its not going to win anything, except maybe third place

I'm adding to Tyagi comment.... 

endurance said:
Sorair said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Well maybe I should pull out the Wii card called "Wii turned the Japanese into casual gamers".

Sorair said:
endurance said:
Sorair said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Well maybe I should pull out the Wii card called "Wii turned the Japanese into casual gamers".

OMG you won't dare do you?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

All of you are trolling, thread needs to be closed.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M