By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY: PS3 over 50m units sold and 8m MOVE units sold.

kowenicki said:
Acevil said:
kowenicki said:
Skeeuk said:

well done sony, i can recall people on here saying it may do a dreamcast, its come a long way and will only get stronger.

the lesson for sony is launch at 299 next time round, just to think wher ps3 would have been by now if it had launched at 299. its entirely sonys fault imo

The ps3 couldnt have launched at $299 it would have been a totally different machine.

I was also going to comment on the ROI, but I decided against it, most people think HW sales = success. 

what ROI... there isnt one....

Nicely done! :P Seriously people on this site need to learn basic business knowledge in terms of measurement of successful products. 

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
justinian said:

So 8m Moves controllers sold to retailers.

Because move is so fragmented it is hard to get the overall picture.

In total how many PS3 eyes are out there? Obviously more than 8m as you need it for move and I bought the Eye ages ago.

Then again how many homes have two controllers? Impossible to tell.

Is anyone buying the navigation controller?

I suppose as long as the retailers buy it Sony are happy enough but it would be good to have an idea on the PS eye and navigation controller sales.  Not really important but still good to know.

This will always be the problem with MOVE...  8m units... is that of all individual types?

So 8m cameras, controllers and navs?

Probably about 4m PS3's  enabled?  

I use the 1.5 ratio, so I would say 5.3 million. Assuming all those 8 million are sell-through (which they aren't). Also I believe when they say move sold, they typically mean the wand. 

Over 50m? How much over? Like 360 (over 50m = 50.8m)?

And how much can Sony ship in more 2 days for 31th March (Q4) numbers?

CONGRATS PS3... NEXT MILESTONE: 100 MILLION.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/84373/playstation-move-install-base-hits-4-million-ps3s-worldwide/

Well done VGChartz!!!!

ethomaz said:

Isn't that a little too high to aim? Shouldn't the next milestone be 75 million? I am not saying ps3 can't reach 100 million, but if it does it will be at the end of the lifecycle. 

Around the Network

FUFULL PRESS RELEASE: http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/110415_e.pdf

O.O PS3 features a vast library of more than 2,128 software titles with more than 480 million units sold
worldwide
O.O

Bullshit... PS3 has no GAMEZ.

Why would they say "Reached" for PS3 and "Surpassed" for Move?

kowenicki said:
Acevil said:
ethomaz said:

Isn't that a little too high to aim? Shouldn't the next milestone be 75 million? I am not saying ps3 can't reach 100 million, but if it does it will be at the end of the lifecycle. 

I am.

I have only 4 words for you........

Xerofortune said:
kowenicki said:
Acevil said:
ethomaz said:

I am.

I have only 4 words for you........

B_EL_I_E_V_E in teh Cell???

kowenicki said:
Acevil said:
ethomaz said:

I am.

I BELIEVE