By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY: PS3 over 50m units sold and 8m MOVE units sold.

Run 360, run.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Run 360, run.

Why would 360 have to run from shipped numbers

ZaneWane said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Run 360, run.

Those shipped number are going to get sold eventually. Honestly, i don't care what format the industry uses as long as its one format. Whether it be shipped or directly sold. I prefer shipped though, because sold is ALOT harder to track and shipped number are always going to be sold either way. 

i know this is a ps3 thread but with ps3 at 50 million(great milestone) 360 is probably at a liitle over 53 million right now. does anyone know if ps3 has gained on the 360 since last official numbers. damn its taken 5 years for ps3 to gain 3 million by that it could take another 5 until they are even.

i think the averge move owner has about 2 moves so that would put the unique users at about 4 million, which i think is decent.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

The worldwide sell-in total for PlayStation 3 has teetered over 50 million units, Sony has announced.

PlayStation Move, the platform holder added, has shipped more than 8 million units.

The PS3 total was calculated on 29th March; the Move total on 3rd April.

Remember that these are sell-in numbers, which means the same thing as shipped: i.e. consoles sold to shops rather than shoppers.

source http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-04-15-ps3-worldwide-sales-50-million-shipped

Around the Network
legend92(3) said:

So about 1 mil on shelves, 2.1 million shipped in Q4, 14.3 million shipped this financial year.

Over 50m is anything between 50 and 50.9m, remember Microsoft announced over 50m and it ended up being 50.8m. So Sony shipped between 2.1M and 3M this quarter, 14.3m to 15.2m shipped this financial year.

4k1x3r said:
legend92(3) said:

So about 1 mil on shelves, 2.1 million shipped in Q4, 14.3 million shipped this financial year.

Over 50m is anything between 50 and 50.9m, remember Microsoft announced over 50m and it ended up being 50.8m. So Sony shipped between 2.1M and 3M this quarter, 14.3m to 15.2m shipped this financial year.

Oh right good point, I read it as 50 million shipped.

Can't wait to see how PS3 performs after it drops to $199, its gonna be HUGE!

CGI-Quality said:
ZaneWane said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Run 360, run.

A better question is why are you always so negative towards anything Sony?

OT: A milestone indeed. May it continue on as long as it can!

A better question is why still no one post on sales discussion

i made one

CGI-Quality said:
ZaneWane said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Run 360, run.

A better question is why are you always so negative towards anything Sony?

OT: A milestone indeed. May it continue on as long as it can!

I was just correcting