By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vgchartz ranking game--Heavy Rain!!

The bad:

-Slow boring pace. I never yawned this much in a game.

-Voice-acting

-Music 

-Technical awkwardies

-Plot hole ridden story

-Walking mechanics

-A big disappointment after Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit

The good

-Original

I want to make sure you see the lengthier version of this review in this thread here: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4008738, and not drop my score with the reranking of the games 

Score: 4.5

Around the Network
non-gravity said:

The bad:

-Slow boring pace. I never yawned this much in a game.

-Voice-acting

-Music 

-Technical awkwardies

-Plot hole ridden story

-Walking mechanics

-A big disappointment after Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit

The good

-Original

Score: 4.5

Not to make your only good point a negative buuuut the game isn't that original either lol if you've watched any crime thriller, especially the ones that came out not long after Slience of the Lambs the story is almost like one of those cookie cutter movie stories.  If you're talking about game play wise, QTEs are being worn out, and the idea of branching characters changing the storyline is also kinda old though very few do it right even given how old it is.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

bad ending(s) and sometimes dodgy controls, not to mention bad voice work ruin an excellen game so for me 7/10

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

9/10

It was a very immersive game but it had a few issues such as slightly clunky controls and a god awful camera. Also I was guessing who the killer was by the halfway point and was right when it was revealed at the end. But it was a very good game and the graphics were splendid and I would very much be interested in a similar game in this genre. 

MaxwellGT2000 said:

Not to make your only good point a negative buuuut the game isn't that original either lol if you've watched any crime thriller, especially the ones that came out not long after Slience of the Lambs the story is almost like one of those cookie cutter movie stories.  If you're talking about game play wise, QTEs are being worn out, and the idea of branching characters changing the storyline is also kinda old though very few do it right even given how old it is.

Lol. Maybe there's a better word than original, but as an overall package it's not your ordinary game. 

Though I can't say I've played many point and click adventures as you called it.

Around the Network

A few Cons here and there have hurt the unique experience like weird facial animations ( uncanny valley ) and bad voice acting.

Of course this thread isn't complete without this:

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Absolutely thrilling experience. One gaming experience I've never experienced before.

It was unputdownable. Only very few games I've played for my entire years of gamin were unputdownable and this is a major feat for Heavy Rain for me.

Music was simply stunning and amazing. Just like how I still get the Goosebumps from listening to the Dark Knight OST and watching that movie and just admiring how well the music fits in the movie, it's the same with Heavy Rain. The OST is ust stunning.

The only negative downside of Heavy Rain was the controls. I simply didn't get the idea behind the left stick to only just head and not for full movement.

Posting in this thread so I don't lose track of it.

heavy rain is one of my favriote games this gen iv completed it 3 times and got the platnium i give it a 9.2