By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official SOCOM 4 review Thread

well ign just gave it a 7.

the description, which was very very short i hate that soo much, they dont put any effort lately into ps3 reviews. first killzone was a one page review, now socom. at least pretend like you played the game much, one page, really? they should do better than that.

cant say i disagree with the score though. (does seem like closer to 7.5 or 8 though) so im not getting this game. its a shame because i was looking forward to it.

seems like zipper is by far the weakest sony dev. 2 mediocre games in mag and Socom. weak graphics, when every other sony dev is producing best graphics ever. both these game have either no campaign/story or a really weak one.

they are known for multiplayer, but both these games multi was nothing special.

seems like they really have to hire new staff, and/or get help from other sony devs 

Around the Network
ocean-1984 said:

How one game can be 8.5/10 and 3/10 at the same time?

LoL at reviewers.

Because reviews are subjective.  You can't really lol at reviewers because there's such a large range in the scores, there'll always be people who like/dislike different things to other people, or are irritated more by something than someone else.

Pretty much expected this from this garbage NATO bullshit. Should've named it Mag third person.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

Looks like I will be rebuying MAG.(my copy broke somehow) I have sank almost 400hrs into that. :)

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

pezus said:
Chroniczaaa said:

Pretty much expected this from this garbage NATO bullshit. Should've named it Mag third person.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

Around the Network

metacritic score: 66

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/socom-4-us-navy-seals

not looking good..

pezus said:

Edge will give this a 5 or a 6 (if they're in a happy mood)

I say 4.

Apparently according to multiple reviews the squad AI is abysmal.....which in a team based tactical shooter is a huge problem.

I've had a pretty bad feeling about this one for months though, its just didn't look anywhere near the quality of stuff releasing in a similar time frame like Killzone 3 and Crysis 2.

Yikes!!! looks like rooting for Portal 2 was a wise decision for me.....

hmmmmm.....looks like the game will end up with an overall high 70's-mid 80's when all the reviews come in, still getting my copy!

edit: after looking at metacritic...ouch...it will take some hella good reviews to reach what I stated above...atleast the pre-orders seem to be doing well.