By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pandora's Tower Trailer

Famitsu reveals the game's main character to be named "Ende," and the heroine "Ceres." Voice actor information is not provided.

As suggested by the trailer, the game is heavy on action. Its genre is action RPG. Your primary "weapon" is a chain, which you use to capture enemies and swing to grab items and trigger various gimmicks. The game makes use of a simple control scheme.

The story centers on a curse that's been placed on Ceres. The only way to clear that curse is with the flesh of beasts. Ende must gather beast flesh and take it back to Ceres.

Developed by Ganbarion (Jump Super Stars, One Piece Unlimited Cruise), Pandora's Tower is due for release on May 26, priced at ¥6,800. We'll likely get an official online look at the game later this week.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Action RPG, hopefully not a sidescrolling one. Either ways I doubt we will ever see this stateside unfortunately.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

People complaining about the graphics, I wonder, wtf where you playing in PS2-GC-XBOX era? All the games from that time look as "awful" as this...

pwin´ every other villain since 1994

Mr.Ashtear said:

People complaining about the graphics, I wonder, wtf where you playing in PS2-GC-XBOX era? All the games from that time look as "awful" as this...

This is what I always think when people talk about graphics. How did we play games back in the day without our eyes bleeding? 

LISTEN TO THE FIRST WORLD PODCAST REAL GAMERS, REAL AWESOME

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH ITS LIKE LIKE A PS2 GAME!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA ITS NOT GONNA COME OUT IN  ENGLISH WAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

LOVEoo said:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH ITS LIKE LIKE A PS2 GAME!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA ITS NOT GONNA COME OUT IN  ENGLISH WAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Lucky if you understand Japanese. No need to troll though on the rest of the people who don't.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
Tizona said:
Mr.Ashtear said:

This is what I always think when people talk about graphics. How did we play games back in the day without our eyes bleeding? 

We upgraded our eyes to HD :)

i was hoping for something more Zelda like, that trailer was pretty disappointing.

Looks like a side scroller beat-em up with JRPG design sensabilites and storyline.

Given the speed of release, I'm not expecting anything to really push the Wii's graphic capabilites so I hope they make up for it in fun game play.

Some additional details on Pandora's Tower have surfaced from this week's issue of Weekly Famitsu (via Sokuho@Hokanko).

As detailed earlier, the game is centered on two characters, Ende and his friend Ceres.

The setting of the game is the Graecia continent, where in the kingdom of Elysium the harvest festival has begun. Ceres has been chosen to sing at the event, but as she takes the podium, beasts appear in the area.

In the ensuing confusion, Ende manages to find Ceres, but she's unconscious. She's about to be taken into custody by the army as a witness to the beast appearance. With the help of a merchant named Graiai, the two manage to escape to an isolated tower.

Ceres ends up being cursed following the beast attack. Ende learns that to clear the curse he must gather the flesh of beasts that live within the tower. He decides to try his hand at the tower.

The three principle characters introduced in the magazine are:

Ceres15 years old. She was selected from a large number of girls to sing at the harvest festival. She's a devout believer of the Eos religion.EndeThe game's 22-year-old main character. He was a former soldier of Athens during a war with Elysium. He's a man of few words.GraiaiThe merchant who helps Ceres and Ende. He appears to be of the dwarf race. He gives you the Orichalcum Chain, which lets its possessor know Ceres' state.

The Orichalcum Chain that Graiai gives you is the central gameplay element in the game. As mentioned above, it allows you to know Ceres' state. As you play, you'll see a timer in the lower left of the screen. This timer is an indication of how far Ceres' curse has progressed. When it reaches zero, the game ends.

You'll also use the chain to restrain the servant beasts you encounter in the towers and tear their flesh off for delivery to Ceres, and also to clear the various gimmicks that you encounter in the tower.

The tower is actually not just one tower -- there are twelve, of varying size. Each tower has a different theme. For example, there's the Red Flame Tower, which blocks your progress with fire.

If you reach the deepest point in each tower, Ende will encounter a boss. The flesh of the bosses of all the towers is required to completely clear Ceres of her curse. The flesh of the servant beasts can only temporarily halt the curse's progress.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Okay, first none of us has seen enough to make a solid descision about this game yet ie(graphics, gameplay, music, etc...) so its to earily to say if you'll like this title or not. Second, is it really to hard to be hopeful for any new wii game coming out and not resign our selves to this title being a japan only title when we haven't even seen any reviews or sales data.