By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story BOMBS

Still believe Will Smith is the best thing going in Hollywood right now.

(though Hanks is my favorite actor)

Game of the year.

Now Playing: Guitar Hero III (Wii)

Around the Network

Seriously though, I Am Legend isn't original. Different compared to other movies out right now, but it just sounds like a combo of the two movies that came before it.

I thought this movie would be somewhat of a miss all because of the actor playing the lead, John C. Reilly.

He's a great actor, and he's been playing in a lot more comedic stuff, and he's great, but he was always the supporting character, not the lead.

Kasz216 said:
Seriously though, I Am Legend isn't original. Different compared to other movies out right now, but it just sounds like a combo of the two movies that came before it.

Oh my bad, i haven't seen the other 2 movies, so i consider it for myself original. Does that sound better?=)

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

I really believe that the name of a movie can affect it's box office and I think they chose a poor name for that movie.

Around the Network

i suppose in the sense of Apatows past yeah. but with a budget of 35 million http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=walkhard.htm (not sure where you got 70 million from) id hardly say it bombed. It will most likely recoup its budget in theaters and make Sony some nice dime from rentals and DVD/BD.

Now, Charlie wilsons War, tom Hanks, Julia roberts, Hoffman = 9 million weekend before xmas? Theres your bomb right there.

Neos said:
Kasz216 said:

Oh my bad, i haven't seen the other 2 movies, so i consider it for myself original. Does that sound better?=)

Oh it's cool with me either way, was just saying for your information. You might want to see the other movies to see how they hold up... or read the book. I plan to see "I Am Legend" myself, though likely when it comes out on video. I'm not a big theatre guy, well unless it's regular theatre... and even than not really cause plays are freakin expensive.

Legend11 said:
I really believe that the name of a movie can affect it's box office and I think they chose a poor name for that movie.

You know what your correct. I could of swore I saw 70 million on wikipedia. So I guess its not that bad then.

I'm Interested in "I Am Legend". I've read the book, (one of my favourite of all time) but from what little I've seen of the trailers, the film appears to have a different setting, and some extra supernatural elements to it.

Invisible things?

Perhaps all will be explained when I go to see the film.

I heard that Arnold Schwarzenegger was originally planned for the role. It's a pity he didn't take it, I love that guy :D

Dallinor said:
I'm Interested in "I Am Legend". I've read the book, (one of my favourite of all time) but from what little I've seen of the trailers, the film appears to have a different setting, and some extra supernatural elements to it.

Invisible things?

Perhaps all will be explained when I go to see the film.

I heard that Arnold Schwarzenegger was originally planned for the role. It's a pity he didn't take it, I love that guy :D

Nothing invisible.

The only supernatural element to the film is that the writer decided to make it a treatise about how we're killing God.  I was okay with the film until it started getting preachy.