By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Final-Fan said:
zexen_lowe said:

If you feel it's in the town best interest then you surely will convince us why we should do that, right?

Otherwise, your vote DOES look like a joke

Do you need more specifics than my last post provides?

So, if I got it right, you're suggesting lynching him 'cause you don't like his playing style in previous games...

Man, if we did that poor hatmoza would never last a day in any game...

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
theprof00 said:
Final-Fan said:

Vote: theprof00

I know the first day is often full of crazy votes and jokes and whatnot.  This is not a joke.  I feel it's in the town's best interest that we lynch today and that he be the one lynched.  Of course, that doesn't mean that I'm not in favor of more discussion, as I always am on Day 1. 

umm, what?

What are you asking me to explain or clarify?  I would be surprised if you failed to understand that post. 

I would guess that you are inquiring as to my motive.  I could give a detailed answer if you want, but the short version is that you're a pathological liar.  (In Mafia games, of course.)  If being town makes you NOT ONE BIT less likely to be deceiving the town with every word you say -- you're a good lynch target in my eyes, since you might be scum and I consider you a liability even if you're not.  By far a better candidate than anyone else so far in this game. 

I'm doing Lynch All Liars preemptively, you might say. 

So, I'm a pathological liar? A threat to the town no matter my alignment?

If I was s DUMB person, I'd think you were mafia trying to kill me. But it seems your playing your usual strategy of,

1. Accuse prof
2. defend a scum
3. prof flips town
4. die in shame.

zexen_lowe said:
Final-Fan said:
zexen_lowe said:

If you feel it's in the town best interest then you surely will convince us why we should do that, right?

So, if I got it right, you're suggesting lynching him 'cause you don't like his playing style in previous games...

It's a little more than that.  He lies in every game.  Unless I remember incorrectly, every single game. 

He's a talented player and I won't deny it, but he's talent I can't trust.  He's talent, IMO, that NOBODY can trust, absent (for example) a cop vouching for him.  That just makes him dangerous. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

theprof00 said:

If I was s DUMB person, I'd think you were mafia trying to kill me. But it seems your playing your usual strategy of,

1. Accuse prof
2. defend a scum
3. prof flips town
4. die in shame.

Aside from this response being generally ridiculous, how often have I defended scum? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Final-Fan said:
theprof00 said:

1. Accuse prof
2. defend a scum
3. prof flips town
4. die in shame.

Aside from this response being generally ridiculous, how often have I defended scum? 

Let's not beat around the bush, and just remove that part, leaving the rest pretty much unquestionable except for maybe a slight overexaggeration on "die in shame".

Instead, why don't you answer something more important like, how have you come to the conclusion that I'm a pathological liar. Are you referring to last game at all?

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
zexen_lowe said:
Final-Fan said:
zexen_lowe said:

It's a little more than that.  He lies in every game.  Unless I remember incorrectly, every single game. 

He's a talented player and I won't deny it, but he's talent I can't trust.  He's talent, IMO, that NOBODY can trust, absent (for example) a cop vouching for him.  That just makes him dangerous. 

You say this each and every game. What makes Hat different? Why are you not voting Hat in my stead? I'm confused as to how we are so different that your reasoning can't apply to him.

hatmoza said:

meh, I'm always wary of players who easily crumble and apologize from simple discussion. Trends from my personal experience in mafia games shows that people who retreat their heads back into their shell after coming out strong eventually flip scum.

Vote: Prof

I have to say, although I do want to lynch prof, I must disagree with this reasoning.  I think the behavior you describe comes from people wanting to get a lynch train going, but unwilling to get into the thick of things with anyone willing to put up a decent defense.  I don't think prof would be that timid. 

theprof00 said:
Final-Fan said:
theprof00 said:

1. Accuse prof
2. defend a scum
3. prof flips town
4. die in shame.

Let's not beat around the bush, and just remove that part, leaving the rest pretty much unquestionable except for maybe a slight overexaggeration on "die in shame".

Instead, why don't you answer something more important like, how have you come to the conclusion that I'm a pathological liar. Are you referring to last game at all?

Somewhat.  When you said, No more gambits, I was looking forward to seeing what an honest prof could do for the town.  Instead you spend half the game buddying up to someone you believed (correctly) was scum. 

I don't think you will ever be straight with the town.  That doesn't mean I'm going to mindlessly gun for you for the whole game, but it means I think on Day 1 it's good enough to want to lynch you. 

By the way, when you say "aside from half of what I said, the rest is unquestionable", what are you referring to? 
-- "Accuse prof" Accuse you of having a history of lying?  You deny it? 
-- "prof flips town"  Extremely questionable

theprof00 said:
Final-Fan said:

You say this each and every game. What makes Hat different? Why are you not voting Hat in my stead? I'm confused as to how we are so different that your reasoning can't apply to him.

Hat is often a loose cannon.  That doesn't mean that I can't trust him if he's town. 

Final-Fan said:
hatmoza said:

meh, I'm always wary of players who easily crumble and apologize from simple discussion. Trends from my personal experience in mafia games shows that people who retreat their heads back into their shell after coming out strong eventually flip scum.

Vote: Prof

I have to say, although I do want to lynch prof, I must disagree with this reasoning.  I think the behavior you describe comes from people wanting to get a lynch train going, but unwilling to get into the thick of things with anyone willing to put up a decent defense.  I don't think prof would be that timid. 

Like I said, trends based on personal experience -dsis just last game when I said he was being too defensive, axumblade in one of my very early games, and Falcon who was a scum buddy of mines. I don't expect anyone to remember nor am I gonna go back and pull up quotes. It's not something I honestly expected anyone to agree or disagree with.

But I am kind of happy you opposed me. I was starting to get worried that people were going to suspect us from buddying up as I voted prof before I noticed your vote.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson