By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

dsis here >:D

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Around the Network
Baalzamon said:

I know you had cop role last game, and I'm not saying a different play style is necessarily bad, I'm just not sure what to take of it.

At first, you seemed to put out a vote based on misinterpretations.  After you found out it meant you were voting for them, you still kept your vote out there, saying it is day 1.  You can't tell me this isn't a less laid back approach than last game.

Hey, I'm not saying it's bad either, and I'm not saying it's good. I am playing differently. I'm wondering why this is such a surprise.

Actually, I put a vote based on his post. Did you not see that? I didn't gork him because I wanted to do that misguided thing of saccing him to gork, I gorked him because I didn't like his claim. I wouldn't just throw someone to the dogs just to sate the would be SK.

Also, perhaps I didn't explain fully. Well, explaining fully would take a very very long time, so I'll keep it brief. Day 1 is filled with nonsensical posts and randomness. It requires a high level of patience to even begin to wade through the mire that is day 1 conversation. However, there is often good stuff to be found in the junk pile. Sometimes, you go along with an idea, and sometimes you crash into it. Sometimes you call someone out for something, only to be the one to do it the next game. The point is, day 1 is about discussion. It often doesn't matter how this discussion occurs, or why it occurs, it only matters that things are happening.

(well, that was a failure of an explanation...)

theprof00 said:
Baalzamon said:

I know you had cop role last game, and I'm not saying a different play style is necessarily bad, I'm just not sure what to take of it.

At first, you seemed to put out a vote based on misinterpretations.  After you found out it meant you were voting for them, you still kept your vote out there, saying it is day 1.  You can't tell me this isn't a less laid back approach than last game.

Hey, I'm not saying it's bad either, and I'm not saying it's good. I am playing differently. I'm wondering why this is such a surprise.

Actually, I put a vote based on his post. Did you not see that? I didn't gork him because I wanted to do that misguided thing of saccing him to gork, I gorked him because I didn't like his claim. I wouldn't just throw someone to the dogs just to sate the would be SK.

Also, perhaps I didn't explain fully. Well, explaining fully would take a very very long time, so I'll keep it brief. Day 1 is filled with nonsensical posts and randomness. It requires a high level of patience to even begin to wade through the mire that is day 1 conversation. However, there is often good stuff to be found in the junk pile. Sometimes, you go along with an idea, and sometimes you crash into it. Sometimes you call someone out for something, only to be the one to do it the next game. The point is, day 1 is about discussion. It often doesn't matter how this discussion occurs, or why it occurs, it only matters that things are happening.

I did see that, but whether or not he is actually the asset that he claims he is, I can't in my right mind vote for somebody on day 1 who has the potential to be a huge asset.

Similar to hatmoza's claim last game.  This one is obviously much less descriptive (so it may not weight nearly as much into voting impacts as the game progresses), but he came out and admitted to being very important to the town.  Whether or not he was what he claimed to be, the town couldn't risk voting him out until at least later in the game, as the town only has so many assets, albeit far too many of them in the last round where he claimed a valuable asset.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Baalzamon said:
theprof00 said:
Baalzamon said:

I did see that, but whether or not he is actually the asset that he claims he is, I can't in my right mind vote for somebody on day 1 who has the potential to be a huge asset.

Similar to hatmoza's claim last game.  This one is obviously much less descriptive (so it may not weight nearly as much into voting impacts as the game progresses), but he came out and admitted to being very important to the town.  Whether or not he was what he claimed to be, the town couldn't risk voting him out until at least later in the game, as the town only has so many assets, albeit far too many of them in the last round where he claimed a valuable asset.

and do you remember what happened to him after he claimed to be a power role?

theprof00 said:
Baalzamon said:
theprof00 said:
Baalzamon said:

Not much at first, but people essentially said he can't get voted out until lylo because he's too much of an asset.  I find it rather strange that he admitted to having a powerful role this early though, as he waited until day 2 when the bussing theories were going around to reveal last game.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Around the Network
Baalzamon said:
theprof00 said:

Not much at first, but people essentially said he can't get voted out until lylo because he's too much of an asset.  I find it rather strange that he admitted to having a powerful role this early though, as he waited until day 2 when the bussing theories were going around to reveal last game.

didn't he mention he was a power role on day 1 last game?

theprof00 said:

didn't he mention he was a power role on day 1 last game?

Hatzmoza mentioned that whole "Weight off my shoulders"thing day 1, but I don't think he claimed a power role until after the first night when he wanted to protect final fan and he didn't know why it didn't work

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
theprof00 said:
Baalzamon said:

You mean how I successfully led a lynch train against the person who blocked me before I roleclaimed?

Or how I protected Wonk and killed a mafia player just like I promised I would?

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

zexen_lowe said:

Though the doctor shouldn't just "protect hatmoza" because the only thing that's gonna give us is the mafia an easy kill because they'd pick someone else. So doctor, don't just pick hatmoza, if you want to protect him, choose between him and someone else, at least that way we know the mafia won't just target whoever they want to kill without worrying their target might be protected.

I must say, in any other situation, I would 100% agree. But if I wasn't so sure that protecting me would only echo good things to the town, I would have never suggested the doctor's protection.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
zexen_lowe said:

Though the doctor shouldn't just "protect hatmoza" because the only thing that's gonna give us is the mafia an easy kill because they'd pick someone else. So doctor, don't just pick hatmoza, if you want to protect him, choose between him and someone else, at least that way we know the mafia won't just target whoever they want to kill without worrying their target might be protected.

I must say, in any other situation, I would 100% agree. But if I wasn't so sure that protecting me would only echo good things to the town, I would have never suggested the doctor's protection.

I'm not saying you should or shouldn't be protected, but if we guarantee that the doc would pick between you and someone else, we can get the assurement that both the mafia won't be likely to target you (because you'd have a 50% chance of being protected) and that they won't just kill at will without risking that their target could get a protection