By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's Questionable moves, 3DS difficulties

Albion said:
greenmedic88 said:
Albion said:
greenmedic88 said:
homer said:
Jumpin said:

Sure there is a place for candy, but they're never going to take the place of a full meal.

You obviously have yet to meet Willy Wonka. Anyways, the only problem I see is if  the raising cost of game development for the "core" consoles is outpacing the growth in userbase.

And that's really the problem.

Opinions will vary, but is there a growing market for $40 portable games, particularly when they aren't all big budget titles (but still cost $40 retail) and there are alternatives for those who don't carry portable game systems but do always have that smartphone on hand?

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but for me to spend $40 on a portable game, either it's something I'm going to be playing for hours like a regular console game, or it will have to offer something pretty unique.

3DS is unique.  It has 3D lol

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-02-15/tech/lg.optimus.3d_1_google-s-android-smartphone-nintendo-s-3ds?_s=PM:TECH

And the only game I bought for the 3DS was SSFIV and that's only because Amazon gave out a $25 credit for use with one of the initial titles.

None of those initial games were worth $40 to me, and I can say this as someone who really likes the 3D capabilities.

Will the smart phone be gettting Super Mario Worlds in 3D?

If yes Ill think really hard about maybe buying it. >.<

The games will come. I know right now the games suck.

Ridge racer is about the only game worth getting. But this is Nintendo and therea 110 games already planed for this year.     So what the big fuss ?

You should know by now that people just like the moan and argue

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Less qq and more Pew Pew

Go go go!

Albion said:

Less qq and more Pew Pew

Go go go!

Err...

Alright then?

Conegamer said:
Albion said:

Less qq and more Pew Pew

Go go go!

Err...

Alright then?

Lol qq is Crying and Pew pew is playing games lol =)

Albion said:
Conegamer said:
Albion said:

Less qq and more Pew Pew

Go go go!

Err...

Alright then?

Lol qq is Crying and Pew pew is playing games lol =)

Ah. I still agree though

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Albion said:
greenmedic88 said:
Albion said:
greenmedic88 said:
homer said:
Jumpin said:

Sure there is a place for candy, but they're never going to take the place of a full meal.

You obviously have yet to meet Willy Wonka. Anyways, the only problem I see is if  the raising cost of game development for the "core" consoles is outpacing the growth in userbase.

Opinions will vary, but is there a growing market for $40 portable games, particularly when they aren't all big budget titles (but still cost $40 retail) and there are alternatives for those who don't carry portable game systems but do always have that smartphone on hand?

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but for me to spend $40 on a portable game, either it's something I'm going to be playing for hours like a regular console game, or it will have to offer something pretty unique.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-02-15/tech/lg.optimus.3d_1_google-s-android-smartphone-nintendo-s-3ds?_s=PM:TECH

And the only game I bought for the 3DS was SSFIV and that's only because Amazon gave out a $25 credit for use with one of the initial titles.

None of those initial games were worth $40 to me, and I can say this as someone who really likes the 3D capabilities.

Ridge racer is about the only game worth getting. But this is Nintendo and therea 110 games already planed for this year.     So what the big fuss ?

I DONT KNOW WTF THESE PEOPLE ARE ARGUING ABOUT. THE IPHONE DONT EVEN HAVE FREAKING BUTTONS, XPERIA(OR WHATEVER THE HELL ITS CALLED) IS ANOTHER NGAGE( people dont want to play powerful games on their phone to drian its batteries).

The only platform that has  touchscreen, buttons; quality and cheap downloadables games( e-shop); does not jepodise the battery of your essential phone device and doesnt have its screen stupidly expose for cracks and smuges( yes that lg 3dphone is quite stupid) is the freakin ds/3ds.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

cyberninja45 said:
Conegamer said:
Albion said:
greenmedic88 said:
Albion said:
greenmedic88 said:
homer said:
Jumpin said:

I DONT KNOW WTF THESE PEOPLE ARE ARGUING ABOUT. THE IPHONE DONT EVEN HAVE FREAKING BUTTONS, XPERIA(OR WHATEVER THE HELL ITS CALLED) IS ANOTHER NGAGE( people dont want to play powerful games on their phone to drian its batteries).

The only platform that has  touchscreen, buttons; quality and cheap downloadables games( e-shop); does not jepodise the battery of your essential phone device and doesnt have its screen stupidly expose for cracks and smuges( yes that lg 3dphone is quite stupid) is the freakin ds/3ds.

Oh yeah I agree. I was just speaking in general really...

The DS is designed as a gaming device, so does it perfectly. Not any phone or the like. It's just a side-group

I'm still somewhat new to these forums, but would it be too much to ask for users to get rid of these huge walls of text by deleting most of the repeated lines when they click the "quote" box?  It gets to a point where really only the last couple of back and forths are the only thing necessary for relevancy.

Am i the only one that sees it the other way around i.e nintendo intruding on apple and smart phones market. Think about it the main reason ppl buy this stuff is for communication, whether by phone calls or msg. Some of these things can already be replicated on the 3ds easily and nintendo has already said that they will be updating there software for the system as time goes by.

Picto chat over the net can easily be used instead of bbm or wap or msn messenger or whatever. Voip can be used to make voice calls cause the system does come with a mic. And with wirless hubs becoming more popular and the speed of the internet increasing its not hard to imagine and the 3ds is quite capable of doing it. So i think its safe to say nintendo knows exactly what they are doing

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

robzo100 said:

I'm still somewhat new to these forums, but would it be too much to ask for users to get rid of these huge walls of text by deleting most of the repeated lines when they click the "quote" box?  It gets to a point where really only the last couple of back and forths are the only thing necessary for relevancy.

Lol. yes, that's something I noticed about this community.

I hate it when that is done.