By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
postofficebuddy said:

I could be wrong but I think Sony is on April 19th. MS is April 28th. And yeah, Nintendo is on the 25th.

I thought Sony is usually the last one to report their numbers.  I would think the Sony and MS dates would be switched.  Or am I remembering wrong?

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
postofficebuddy said:

I could be wrong but I think Sony is on April 19th. MS is April 28th. And yeah, Nintendo is on the 25th.

I thought Sony is usually the last one to report their numbers.  I would think the Sony and MS dates would be switched.  Or am I remembering wrong?

I got the MS and Nintendo dates from here:

http://www.dailyfinance.com/earnings/microsoft-corporation/msft/nas

http://www.dailyfinance.com/earnings/nintendo-co-ltd-unsp-adr/ntdoy/nao

And the 19th is when Sony Ericsson reports. I assumed it was the same day.

http://technologeeko.com/sony-ericsson-to-announce-q1-2011-financial-results-on-tuesday/

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

kowenicki said:
wholikeswood said:
kowenicki said:

LBP2 is a massive sales disappointment.

LBP after 10 weeks - 134k for the week and total of 1.8m

LBP2 after 10 weeks - 23k for the week and total of 1.1m

Not sure where this franchse will go after this, needs a new direction... somehow.

Can't get over the ignorance of this post, given a holiday launch versus a January launch...

Cant get over the arrogance of this post... (as usual)

Go complain to the idiot at Sony that decided its fate... dont come complaining to me.  

Didn't seem to stop the opposite comparison being valid in the gt5 gt4 sales comparison did it...?

So what you're saying is that you got upset when people compared GT4/GT5 unfairly in order to flatter GT5, but then you're happy to do the exact same thing so that you can bash LBP2.

Congratulations on exposing your own hypocrisy. Words almost fail me.

wholikeswood said:
kowenicki said:

Not sure where this franchse will go after this, needs a new direction... somehow.

Can't get over the ignorance of this post, given a holiday launch versus a January launch...

Dead Space 2 and Mass Effect 2 have done well in the same scenario. I'm pretty sure neither of those were lagging behind their predecessors' sales to the degree LittleBigPlanet 2 is.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
wholikeswood said:
kowenicki said:

Dead Space 2 and Mass Effect 2 have done well in the same scenario. I'm pretty sure neither of those were lagging behind their predecessors' sales to the degree LittleBigPlanet 2 is.

Good point, however, you have to rememver that not all games follow the same pattern

Around the Network
postofficebuddy said:
thismeintiel said:
postofficebuddy said:

I got the MS and Nintendo dates from here:

http://www.dailyfinance.com/earnings/microsoft-corporation/msft/nas

http://www.dailyfinance.com/earnings/nintendo-co-ltd-unsp-adr/ntdoy/nao

And the 19th is when Sony Ericsson reports. I assumed it was the same day.

http://technologeeko.com/sony-ericsson-to-announce-q1-2011-financial-results-on-tuesday/

Ok.   This year they must have switched it up, cause I could swear that as long as I have been coming here Sony always reported last.  Not unless, Sony Ericsson report separately.  If they do go first, though, I'm not complaining.  I hated when they would wait so long to report.

wholikeswood said:
kowenicki said:
wholikeswood said:
kowenicki said:

Go complain to the idiot at Sony that decided its fate... dont come complaining to me.  

Didn't seem to stop the opposite comparison being valid in the gt5 gt4 sales comparison did it...?

So what you're saying is that you got upset when people compared GT4/GT5 unfairly in order to flatter GT5, but then you're happy to do the exact same thing so that you can bash LBP2.

I'm fairly sure he's just pointing out the hypocrisy.

wholikeswood said:
kowenicki said:
wholikeswood said:
kowenicki said:

Hey don't be so harsh. A lot of people have biases which lead to terrible comparisions. Obviously the LB1/LBP2 and GT4/GT5 diret 10 week comparision are unfair. LBP1 and GT5 had holiday releases where LBP2 and GT4 did not.

LBP2 needs more time to stabilize, but selling 23k weekly after only 10 weeks is a bit low. With PS3's strong fall line-up this year, I'm not sure if LBP2's sales will get a strong boost. This game appeals to the casual audience a lot more then the core, so unlike God of War, and Mass Effect, a strong fall release is very beneficial for the games overall sales.

I know many Wii games which released at other times of the year contradict this, but game sals on the Wii are very very different from HD console game sales.

IMO LBP2 will sell over 3 million, but nowhere near the 4.3 million LBP1 sold. Sometimes a non holiday release hurts a game. e.g. I can't imagine CoD selling over 10 million with a January release.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

themanwithnoname said:
wholikeswood said:
kowenicki said:

Also those games are "hardcore" where LBP is largely casual. They follow a difference sales pattern.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

I think the PS3 can match 15 million sold for the 2010/2011 fiscal years.

But I unfortunately don't see the PS3 being able to move ahead of this number in a single year's time. I think the price cut will put the PS3 around the 14.5-15 million range for the next fiscal year. Uncharted 3, Sorcery, Socom 4, Resistance 3 and Twisted Metal, plus price drop to $250 will only match the 2010 FY.