By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NOE reveals 3DS European launch sales

Nintendo of Europe has at last confirmed sales figures for the launch of the anticipated Nintendo 3DS handheld system, revealing that it managed to achieve sales of 113,000 units within the UK across launch weekend.

Such figures surpass those set by both the Wii and Nintendo DS when they launched within the UK, with success further heightened with news that the Nintendo 3DS achieved sales of 303,000 units across the entirety of Europe.

In comparison, back in 2005 the Nintendo DS managed a sales figure of an approximate 87,000 units from its opening weekend, whereas the Wii managed to achieve 105,000 units.

http://www.nintendo-universe.co.uk/2011/04/01/nintendo-of-europe-announce-launch-weekend-sales-figures-for-nintendo-3ds/

It's April 1st so you can never be 100% certain but I would assume this is legit. Pretty significantly off of what we have it at.

Update: 50k sold in Germany in first 2 days. Thanks Rol.

http://www.nintendo.de/NOE/de_DE/news/2011/nintendo_3ds_macht_3d-technologie_zum_massenphnomen_32595.html

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Around the Network

Given that it is the 1st of April, I was expecting some pretty damn ridiculous numbers

So overtracked by about 136,000.

EDIT: unless 303,000 in europe which doesn't inlcude the 113,000 from UK, meaning VGC only over tracked by 26,000.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Nintendogamer said:

.................... Europe does not equal EMEAA. Sigh.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Nintendogamer said:

Sadly, it would appear so. Also a bit of added perspective.

"Last week the firm announced that pre-orders alone stood at 140,000 and most pundits were pitching their sell-through estimates at between 150,000 to 200,000. It would seem, however, that some of the information being fed back to the manufacturer from retail was slightly wide of (or, in fact, over) the mark.

It is thought that some of the biggest retailers, fearful of stock shortages, over-represented their customer pre-orders in an attempt to secure extra allocation."

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/43790/3DS-sells-113000-units-in-UK-launch-weekendrn?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed:

@Neos It has yet to launch anywhere other than Europe in EMEAA. Australia is the week after next and I don't think it even has a confirmed release date for any Asian or African markets.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Around the Network

Yowch. It appears that the 3DS performed substantially worse than the Wii in other European markets outside of the UK.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

These aren't Europe wide numbers. It's UK only.

VGChartz

milkyjoe said:

Whats with "with news that the Nintendo 3DS achieved sales of 303,000 units across the entirety of Europe." or does this mean 303,000 and 113,000 seperate = 416,000.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Nintendogamer said:
milkyjoe said:

Whats with "with news that the Nintendo 3DS achieved sales of 303,000 units across the entirety of Europe." or does this mean 303,000 and 113,000 seperate = 416,000.

Ah I didn't see that. I just saw the first bit about the UK launch and assumed it was the same story that I just read over on Eurogamer that didn't have the whole European numbers, just UK ones.

VGChartz

edit: nvm hadn't updated the FF cache