By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis 2 is a technical mess.

Doobie_wop said:

Does anyone know if the PC version suffers from the same issues or is it a console thing?

Share your thoughts or experiences.

I'm playing on a PC with a CPU and RAM that just meet the minimum specs (AMD 3800X2 & 2Gb RAM). My GPU is slightly above the minimum spec (ATI 4850). You'd expect it to run poorly...

It actually runs spectacularly smoothly, especially with GBoost turned on. I managed to run it on 1280x1024 resolution at Very High (which is actually the middle setting, High being the lowest). I haven't even tried it on the "Extreme" setting. I had a solid frame-rate, never saw any aliasing, and was generally quite impressed by how smoothly it ran (and looked in certain respects) in comparison to Crysis.

However, I did see some texture pop-in (although not much), sometimes the melee attack button wouldn't work, the gun dissappeared once (but could still shoot bullet?!), videos would sometimes judder for no reason and be unwatchable and it still had all the AI glitches. Overall though these problems are annoying but minor and the console work does seem to have helped with getting the game to run on lower-end hardware.

It looks & runs fantasticlly on my (relatively) low-end PC hardware.

Around the Network

Yeah, I don't know what you're talking about playing this on the PC. This runs better than any other game I've played in recent memory.

AI is dumb but there are lots of them and they make up their stupidness in their numbers and ability to see through walls and shoot me in the head.

Otherwise...yeah, its a great non scripted FPS game in my books. Glad they still know how to make those...

The single player is fine tbh on ps3. The multiplayer is the killer. 

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

Hey,

I got the xbox 360 version of the game. I have installed it into my hard drive and playing it on veteran. So far i haven't experience any bad issues like you mentioned in your OP.  There are pop ups but when i play it wasn't very often and at itimes i had no pop up. Also i yet to experience noticeable like DF said " unplayable lag".  In terms of Ai , i wouldn't say that they are dumb because on veteran they actually try to flank you , and if they spot you then they scan the perimeter and if they spot their own team mates body , they alert their other team mates and they all start to scan the perimeter. But those instances of smart Ai is not consistent as i experienced bad Ai as well. I would say the Ai not dumb but inconsistent. In my opinionn what i have experienced with Ai is similar to that of killzone 3. There are glitches but that can be fixed with a patch. I only had the game freeze on me once , never had that stage where your weapon disappears. I am guessing the performance of the game is based on luck because my brother experienced quite bit of slowdown compared to me. For those planning to play the game on 360 , do install it into the hard drive as that really improves the performance of the game. I have tried it without installing it into the hard drive.

Forgot to add that i to me , crysis 2 is better looking then killzone 3 . I got both games and clocked both . The only stage in killzone 3 that shows aot of things happening is the ice stage and yes its beautiful. Both games are beautiful but to me crysis 2 has the upper hand this time. The reason why is because oof the little things that happened in th back ground while you play crysis 2. For example in the city you have papers flying around , buildings exploding , smoke coming out and some stages you even have buildings collapsing in , plus the lighting on objects or the water and even the reflection of the water which reflects the image of the city. The explosion is pretty wicked and looks better than any game so far especially killzone 3.