By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SOCOM 4: we are all citizens of the world police force. what happened?

Zipper sold out. Instead of making a unique game like Socom II they combine Mag and Call of Duty and tack on Socom 4 to the box.

Around the Network
osamanobama said:

its title is US Navy SEALs, yet is seems more like some politically correct bullcrap, where they are afraid to promote american exectptionalism. first off it doesnt even seem to be US SEALs, i think they even say its a international NATO force.

what the hell is this. in the campain they seem to fight along with some foreign girl soldier and other foreigners. The SEALs are the elite of the elite, no force can touch them, not even close. they would not form some coalition with anybody especially a female soldier.

this game feels like its being politically correct, like we are not citizens of the United States, but rather Global citizens of the world, garbage.

Where's the heroic US navy SEALs being deployed risking their lives to save people they dont even know. that is what makes America the best country in the world, no game developer should be ashamed to make a game about that.

Let me guess, republican? or just really stuck up?

Krstorm said:
osamanobama said:

its title is US Navy SEALs, yet is seems more like some politically correct bullcrap, where they are afraid to promote american exectptionalism. first off it doesnt even seem to be US SEALs, i think they even say its a international NATO force.

what the hell is this. in the campain they seem to fight along with some foreign girl soldier and other foreigners. The SEALs are the elite of the elite, no force can touch them, not even close. they would not form some coalition with anybody especially a female soldier.

this game feels like its being politically correct, like we are not citizens of the United States, but rather Global citizens of the world, garbage.

Where's the heroic US navy SEALs being deployed risking their lives to save people they dont even know. that is what makes America the best country in the world, no game developer should be ashamed to make a game about that.

For the sake of my preference of Republicans, I really hope for the bolded.

Krstorm said:
osamanobama said:

nope, not at all. but unlike many, im not afraid to be proud of America and call it what it is. the best nation that has ever existed. i dont think we should be going around on apology tours telling people why we arent good, especially if your the leader of the free world.

but heres a pic to cheer you up (not directed at you, i dont know you)

See, I have nothing against republicans or the US (America is a continent, not a country)

I just find it dumb that some seem to think the United States is the only country with actual freedom, which is false, most countries are free countries (except for Cuba, China and North Korea, and maybe a few other countries ran by nutjobs). Also I don't think the country in itself is not good, it's a great country! but going around saying "my country is superior, yours suck" is not patriotism, it's arrogance, and in "the leader of the free world" (the quotes don't mean sarcasm, mind you), the people should know better than that

Around the Network
Krstorm said:

See, I have nothing against republicans or the US (America is a continent, not a country)

I just find it dumb that some seem to think the United States is the only country with actual freedom, which is false, most countries are free countries (except for Cuba, China and North Korea, and maybe a few other countries ran by nutjobs). Also I don't think the country in itself is not good, it's a great country! but going around saying "my country is superior, yours suck" is not patriotism, it's arrogance, and in "the leader of the free world" (the quotes don't mean sarcasm, mind you), the people should know better than that

the united states of America is commonly refeered to as America, many people call it that (infact america is not a continent, but north and south america are)

i never said any country sucks, just that america is best. some runner ups are israel and britain, and australia, as well as others..

but im a not republican, so i dont care.

im  a conservative with many libertarian beliefs

osamanobama said:

okay this thread is about the impresions i am getting from SOCOM and its beta.

on another note. the beta is alright i have been playing with the move. it seems the window is to big, and i have to aim to far to the edges of the screen to turn, and i cant see where i can adjust it. buts its not bad controls, but could definitely be better, and wheres my screen center lock, i want it. 

it seems like multiplayer will be very hard to get good at, i die a lot, but still probably have positive KDR.

well thats my rant, what do you guys think of SOCOM 4?

That is wrong since everyone other than america think that is incorrect. 

But you are right, that is incorrect title. Also Navy Seals are again not the untouchable, or the best of the best. They are certainly better than the poorly trained terrorists they destroy. 

Also the multiplayer has been dummed down so that anyone can play and without any effort be good, because trying is an bit too much for todays gamer auidence. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

You mean it is the best country for you...Their are plenty citizens who don't think so, even on VGchartz you find people who left the states because the best country did not gave them truly happiness like country X... Everyone has other things in life that really matters;..Just make a 'this is the best state' thread and you will find what people really care about..

osamanobama said:

okay this thread is about the impresions i am getting from SOCOM and its beta.

on another note. the beta is alright i have been playing with the move. it seems the window is to big, and i have to aim to far to the edges of the screen to turn, and i cant see where i can adjust it. buts its not bad controls, but could definitely be better, and wheres my screen center lock, i want it. 

it seems like multiplayer will be very hard to get good at, i die a lot, but still probably have positive KDR.

well thats my rant, what do you guys think of SOCOM 4?

Spetsnaz, and especially Alfa Group dares to differ. Sure, they can be brutal sometimes, but dont be so full of your special SOCOM forces. They are not the only good ones as the media shows them.

Im glad that SOCOM tries at least to take a different route, Im so tired of the American hero depiction in games. Its just boring, and overused.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

osamanobama said:
Krstorm said:

the united states of America is commonly refeered to as America, many people call it that (infact america is not a continent, but north and south america are)

i never said any country sucks, just that america is best. some runner ups are israel and britain, and australia, as well as others..

but im a not republican, so i dont care.

im  a conservative with many libertarian beliefs

OMG! That is just hilarious.

Can somebody be banned for arrogance? I mean, he pretty much insulted 80% of the world population and he is allowed to get away with this?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!