By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CAPCOM is killing their own IPs

well  Capcom did make devil may cry 2 you know. As well as other examples of bad games within their own franchises (Like many devs)

Also they killed clover which had some of their best. (Not that they were the best money generators)

Around the Network
badgenome said:

Slant Six made a terrible SOCOM game because all SOCOM games are terrible. RE:ORC, on the other hand, has zombies.

Socom 1,2,3 and CA were SONY's PS2 flagship online titles that were big sucesses for Sony. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

CAPCOM has a REAL Jekyll and Hyde thing going on. On the one hand we have a great set of teams who have made stuff like DMC4, Dead Rising (2 was thus far the only GOOD game made by a Western partner of theirs), SFIV, TvC, MvC3, Mega Man 9 and 10, Ghost Trick, Pheonix Wright vs Proffessor Layton, RE: Mercenaries, and Okamiden. But then you have the other side that makes STUPID decisions like handing DMC off to dev team that has an insecure egomaniac as a lead designer, do a stupid relaunch of Bionic Commando (though Rearmed was good), make a bland shooter like Dark Void, make Lost Planet 2 unplayable without co-op, and then give an RE project to a dev like Slant Six (though it's not a NUMBERED release at least). With a lot of the stupid decisions I smell Inafune's grubby, self-xenophobic influence. They still make great games, but they have made a lot of stupid moves

this will be the perfect time for Sony to acquire Capcom

RareglovE said:

this will be the perfect time for Sony to acquire Capcom

i like the idea of this ^^

Around the Network

at least they don't make iPhone ports of their games.................... ;)

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

They just canceled the atrocious looking Mega Man Universe. Do you still think Capcom doesn't know what it's doing?

haha and you noted it just now? ive been saying the same since they made that garbage RE4, they turned the best sulvival horror game into just another action game.

noname2200 said:

Regarding Resident Evil, have you forgotten the survivor and Dead Aim games, or how crappy Code Veronica and Zero were?  Even 5 has seen plenty of backlash.  It's not like it's got a perfect reputation to tarnish...

Whoa. The fuck are you talking about. RE Code Veronica and Zero were amazing.

I agree.