By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dissidia first impressions ( IGN )

GooseGaws said:
Kasz216 said:

Check out the battle system via Wikipedia "Crisis Core has action- and menu-based elements. The new battle system is known as Digital Mind Wave, or "DMW", and revolves around a series of reels at the upper left corner of the screen which spin continuously as long as there is SP left to consume. Each rotate independently and upon lining up the three reels of the same character and value, a power-up or a "Power Surge!" will be rewarded to Zack." So... the battle system is basically partially a game of slots. Or so it sounds.
That sounds kind of like the Shadow Hearts Judgement Ring. Is it similar?

No clue, just taking it directly from the wikipedia page, i don't import or pirate. Heck i don't even own a PSP.

Around the Network

I only pirate imports, but I haven't played Shadow Hearts so I can't say. All I know is I don't like it. The gameplay is really stiff in general as well. Not a fan at all.

naznatips said:
I only pirate imports, but I haven't played Shadow Hearts so I can't say. All I know is I don't like it. The gameplay is really stiff in general as well. Not a fan at all.

WHAT!  I thought you were like the RPG king, dude! 

You should really check out the first game, it has a unique setting and an interesting story.  The second was better-reviewed, but I didn't get very far into it; the first one actually kept me interested all the way through.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

I cant wait for this game the problem is I havent played my PSP in ages. I dont know since i got the PS3 i pushed the PSP out of the way.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Lost tears of Kain said:
hunter_alien said:
CrazzyMan said:
It`s like SSBB portable version from FF universe. GREAT! =)
On top of what appears to be a complex combat experience for single and multiple players, Dissidia also manages to push the PSP to new visual heights. The game is a visual feast, with detailed combatant models, and plenty of lighting effects. Definitely a step above Crisis Core, which already had some thinking that the PSP really was a portable PS2.

It`s all about SQUARE! Looking forward to FFXIII. =)

Yeah ...Square really pushes the games graphically and gameplay wise :D

Graphically big time yes

gameplay-well kinda........just kind of....

still rpgs are based on stories and if the story is as weak as 12 im saying F#$# you enix you ruined FF

Well OK , maybe the gameplay doesnt changes that much every time , but the graphics are still amazing :D

Man I adore where this thread is going :P 

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

anyone know the release date on this game?

It should have been released this december in Japan , but it was delayed untill ( rumored ) Q2 08 .... maybe we will only play it in 09 :(

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!