By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dissidia first impressions ( IGN )

GooseGaws said:

I'm sure Ehrgeiz was regarded as having great potential as well, but turned out to be a disappointment. In any case, all Square Enix seems to be able to do these days is churn out lackluster sequels and spin-offs in addition to remakes of their more famous titles. Their development output has been unimpressive of late.

EDIT: I suppose Ehrgeiz wasn't developed by the company proper.  Still, the point stands. 

QFT. All the spinoffs they've been making of late have been getting ridiculous.

Not to mention every game sounds great when IGN previews it. Need I mention Lair? 

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

You don't get it do you?
I state for me.. there are hundreds of games that i don't need to play, to know wheher i will like them or not.
For example, do you really think i need to play cooking mama or flash focus or pokemon pearl to know that i will still like Tactics more?
Get out of here, i know myself, i know what i like..

I'm not talking as a reviewer who verdicts games objectively, and looks at how good games are. I talk for myself and that's why I also said 'value', i didn't say that those three games are BETTER than any other games in the NDS library, i said that they have more VALUE to me..

''Hadouken!''

for example
i wouldn't argue that New Super Mario Bros. is a hell of a platformer
but hey
i won't play it, but just because i won't play, doesn't mean that i don't think the game is good
i can also see how good the zelda games are eventhough i just can't stand playing them

that's why i talk about their value to me, and not their objective goodness as games..

''Hadouken!''

That's actually my point. You're judging the value of the games without even having played them. I'm not saying that you won't have an idea of whether or not you'll enjoy a game based on things like its genre and pedigree. What I'm saying is that to suggest that a few games that you haven't even played are of more value than an entire library of software is ludicrous.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

what?
haven't played?
i've got those three games myself my friend, and yes I don't understand what they say in Crisis Core lol
and no, i haven't played Dissidia, but that's why i said 'maybe'
but i think our opinion difference is based on what we think i mean with 'value'

but hey, what does it matter really..

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network
Ajax said:
what?
haven't played?
i've got those three games myself my friend, and yes I don't understand what they say in Crisis Core lol
and no, i haven't played Dissidia, but that's why i said 'maybe'
but i think our opinion difference is based on what i mean with 'value'

but hey, what does it matter really..

Fair enough.  I guess we'll just agree to disagree. 

Hates Nomura.

lol

''Hadouken!''

The fact that he said the last time he was blown away was Crisis Core kinda killed his credibility for me. I downloaded the import of Crisis Core and hated it. Wayyy too much luck involved. I'm not giving up on the game completely or anything, but my hopes are not high at all.

Soriku said:
@Onna

Why? It only makes a new genre for FF to flourish (if you can call it "flourising"). It doesn't stop from the regular FFs we play now to come out.

@naznatips

What do you mean by too much luck?

Check out the battle system via Wikipedia "Crisis Core has action- and menu-based elements. The new battle system is known as Digital Mind Wave, or "DMW", and revolves around a series of reels at the upper left corner of the screen which spin continuously as long as there is SP left to consume. Each rotate independently and upon lining up the three reels of the same character and value, a power-up or a "Power Surge!" will be rewarded to Zack." So... the battle system is basically partially a game of slots. Or so it sounds.

Kasz216 said:

Check out the battle system via Wikipedia "Crisis Core has action- and menu-based elements. The new battle system is known as Digital Mind Wave, or "DMW", and revolves around a series of reels at the upper left corner of the screen which spin continuously as long as there is SP left to consume. Each rotate independently and upon lining up the three reels of the same character and value, a power-up or a "Power Surge!" will be rewarded to Zack." So... the battle system is basically partially a game of slots. Or so it sounds.

That sounds kind of like the Shadow Hearts Judgement Ring. Is it similar?

Hates Nomura.