Forums - Sony Discussion - Socom 4, who wants to be nice?

I've been hearing a lot of Socom fans are pissed about Socom 4. I guess they got rid of a lot of shit from the original like  no demolition(which was the most popular game mode), no lobbies, two primary weapons, no pistol, no grenade arc, camera sucks, push up on d-pad to talk, no d-pad leaning, etc. Socom fans are saying Zipper is trying way to hard to focus on the casuals and make it more like COD. I did hear some positive things about it like there is almost zero lag, runs at a steady framerate, and graphics are good.         

Around the Network

I have psn and I got the code from my killzone 3 pre-order. I was gonna email it podcast beyond but giving it you works too. PM sent with code, enjoy ^_^

Can you play classic mode in the beta? 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

dsister said:
Ultr said:

?

If you go look at his posts they are mostly very pro-sony. 

Well ok, but are you saying that if a pro-sony-boy says this you should listen because socom is a sony franchise? ^^

Im totally supporting sony, but I have to say Im not into Socom, I dont even get whats so special about Socom, anyway I cant argue with the guys that actually play it. I played the beta, nothing for me

I played it on PSN Plus. All I have to say was 1 game was enough for me to delete it. Graphics are ok but not amazing, you can walk through barbwire fences, controls aren't very good compared to other TPS of this gen (Gears and Uncharted) and the cover system sucks compared to the top two TPS (Gears and Uncharted).  Can't climb anything that should be climbable (rocks/ledges that are waist high) and the gunplay just doesn't satisfy. You can't tell when you're actually shooting someone. Zipper just didn't transition to this gen very well. I wan't too excited about this game in the first place but I wanted to try it out. Its just not fun. Oh well next month is the Gears of War 3 beta and I know for a fact that will be amazing.

Around the Network
Ultr said:

Well ok, but are you saying that if a pro-sony-boy says this you should listen because socom is a sony franchise? ^^

Im totally supporting sony, but I have to say Im not into Socom, I dont even get whats so special about Socom, anyway I cant argue with the guys that actually play it. I played the beta, nothing for me

Not entirely. But his opinion shouldn't be neglected as Dr. Grass implied

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Smashed said:
Superman4 said:

Your not missing anything. Game pretty much sucks. Looks good and framerate is stable, the gameplay is crap though. 

I don't care I want to try it.

Very very NICE!!! hehe..

hey sorry man my gf threw it away but it seems like you got one already so no big deal.

I posted my  code on my wall about a week ago for anybody to use.  You wound up getting it so that's great.  I hardly ever care to play a beta.  If I know what i want, I just get it.  I don't want a beta spoiling that initial impact.

mZuzek loves Smeags. 😢

I have a beta code from killzone 3 and i'm a PSN plus user, but I'm giving it to my friend...sorry