By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Greenberg: "XBox360 offers more exclusives than PS3"

It's already been confirmed fake, but people are still going on about it lol.    

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:

It's already been confirmed fake, but people are still going on about it lol.    

it wasnt fake, it turns out he said it a year ago and some news thing reprinted it and it ended up everywhere.

eh is wrong

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

selnor said:
thismeintiel said:
selnor said:

Even Dreamcast sold 10 million but fell to the wayside. Also hasnt reports from websites shown the numbers to be inflated? Numbers include seperate move wand sold.

The lataest 4.1 million sold units of "move" to retailer are including every type of "move" product. In other words standalone wand units or standalone Eyecamera.

As other sites and forums are pointing out, Sony needs an accurate way to actually track how many actual units are sold. Imagine if Wii counted every wand????????????

To point to this just look and add up the entire sales of Move games.

No, Sony stated that their 4.1 mil figure was for the Move controllers alone.  It does not include the PS Eye or the Navigation controller sales.  Of course, when they say sold they mean shipped.  And I believe they will give an updated number at E3 this year.

Actually no. Your wrong. They group them alltogether. Notice how they phrase it Move units. And say stores are asking for more. As many websites are stating the game sales shows this. They are poor game sales to say the least.

" A Sony representative explained that the 4.1 million actually represents Move units shipped to stores, adding "While we don't disclose our exact sell-through number, the key is that our retailers continue to ask for more Move units and are taking every unit we can supply them with based on their sales." Which, you know, would have been a cool thing to put in that press release, we think"

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/30/sony-playstation-move-reaches-4-1-million-in-worldwide-sales/

"Actually no. Your wrong."

How about you stop assuming things and check the actual press release... 

*1 Number as of November 2010. Cumulative number since its release date, September 15 for Europe/PAL territories and Asian countries/regions, September 19 for North America and October 21 for Japan. The number does not include sales of stand-alone PlayStation Eye camera or stand-alone PlayStation Move navigation controller.

nintendo has its massive Super Super Studio in Japan working on there first party franchises and new Ip's.

Sony has there global network of games studios

MS has an far less scale network of studios

MS has plently of money to build many studios or buy some and pump out the amount of 1st party games that is coming on the Playstation.

While the 360 may be getting more exclusives in the terms of xbla titles isn't comparable to the big blockbusters being pumped out by Sony. 

MS should of built more studios or bought some. Relying on 3rd party argreements dont work so well compared to directly funding your own projects. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Around the Network

NVM fake story is fake.

Enjoying reading the Move derailment though. Why does that seems to happen more often than not?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

selnor said:
thismeintiel said:
selnor said:

Even Dreamcast sold 10 million but fell to the wayside. Also hasnt reports from websites shown the numbers to be inflated? Numbers include seperate move wand sold.

The lataest 4.1 million sold units of "move" to retailer are including every type of "move" product. In other words standalone wand units or standalone Eyecamera.

As other sites and forums are pointing out, Sony needs an accurate way to actually track how many actual units are sold. Imagine if Wii counted every wand????????????

No, Sony stated that their 4.1 mil figure was for the Move controllers alone.  It does not include the PS Eye or the Navigation controller sales.  Of course, when they say sold they mean shipped.  And I believe they will give an updated number at E3 this year.

Actually no. Your wrong. They group them alltogether. Notice how they phrase it Move units. And say stores are asking for more. As many websites are stating the game sales shows this. They are poor game sales to say the least.

" A Sony representative explained that the 4.1 million actually represents Move units shipped to stores, adding "While we don't disclose our exact sell-through number, the key is that our retailers continue to ask for more Move units and are taking every unit we can supply them with based on their sales." Which, you know, would have been a cool thing to put in that press release, we think"

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/30/sony-playstation-move-reaches-4-1-million-in-worldwide-sales/

No, you are wrong.  If you read the original press release, it never mentions the Navigation controller, as well as speaks of the PS Eye as being a seperate entity. You also missed the 1st footnote of the press release.

"Tokyo, November 30, 2010 - Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) today announced that the sales of PlayStation Move motion controller for the PlayStation 3 (PS3) computer entertainment system reached over 4.1 million units worldwide *1.

*1 Number as of November 2010. Cumulative number since its release date, September 15 for Europe/PAL territories and Asian countries/regions, September 19 for North America and October 21 for Japan. The number does not include sales of stand-alone PlayStation Eye camera or stand-alone PlayStation Move navigation controller."

The only ever confusion is that people didn't know if they meant shipped to retail or sold to customer.  They meant shipped to retail.

Edit: Darn, beaten to the punch. 

victor4o said:
selnor said:
thismeintiel said:
selnor said:

"Actually no. Your wrong."

How about you stop assuming things and check the actual press release... 

*1 Number as of November 2010. Cumulative number since its release date, September 15 for Europe/PAL territories and Asian countries/regions, September 19 for North America and October 21 for Japan. The number does not include sales of stand-alone PlayStation Eye camera or stand-alone PlayStation Move navigation controller.

Link please. I'd like to check your source. I provided a link  of which a Sony spokesperson swaid the exactwords I showed you. In fact it was a 2nd update to the press release. Meaning The press release original was inaccurate.

Unless you think 50% of people are buying Move with no games at all. And still havent purchased any. According to Move game sales. LOL.

^^^^ i see where your coming from, i do. but there isnt alot of Move only games to begin with, the only one doing alright is Sports Champions and i heard Beat Sketcher is big in Japan. but Killzone3 is doing great, as is LBP2, RE5 saw a little boost as did Heavy Rain. im not saying people are buying Move for those titles but they are selling and they are Move compatible games

selnor said:

Link please. I'd like to check your source. I provided a link  of which a Sony spokesperson swaid the exactwords I showed you. In fact it was a 2nd update to the press release. Meaning The press release original was inaccurate.

Unless you think 50% of people are buying Move with no games at all. And still havent purchased any. According to Move game sales. LOL.

Lol, you already provided the source.  Click on the button on the page you linked labeled "Show Press Release."  It confirms it is for Move controllers only and the update only proves it was for shipped units not sold to customer.