By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis 2 graphics debate. An old man point of view.

Euphoria14 said:

He gave is point of view from his perspective, what's wrong with that?  He didn't lie and gave his credentials so he isn't being misleading.  Just because he hasn't played all games doesn't mean he can't have an opinion.  He didn't say it looks better than PS3 games, just that it looks great and amazed him.  If he said Crysis 2> Killzone 3 then you'd have a point, but he didn't.  He just said that to him, it looked great.

Also, his second to last sentence states that it's the best game HE has seen.

Around the Network
voty2000 said:
jhuff394 said:

Fanstastic.... now you can take the next step and get a ps3 to really make your jaw drop :)

Nope, it might make him say, that looks pretty good.  There is not nearly enough of a graphical difference between Crysis 2 and any PS3 game to make his jaw drop.  He might say it looks a little better but that's it.  The fact that their is even a debate on which games look better just shows how close they are in the graphics department. 

the reason most ps3 fans arnt that botherd abotu crysis 2 looking slightly better on 360 is even if someone did say crysis 2 360 version wa sbest looking consol game we still have like the other 9 of the top 10 xD (not literaly).

Anyway PC be pwning all ur asses

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

voty2000 said:
Euphoria14 said:

He gave is point of view from his perspective, what's wrong with that?  He didn't lie and gave his credentials so he isn't being misleading.  Just because he hasn't played all games doesn't mean he can't have an opinion.  He didn't say it looks better than PS3 games, just that it looks great and amazed him.  If he said Crysis 2> Killzone 3 then you'd have a point, but he didn't.  He just said that to him, it looked great.

I know that, I was only saying that he can't really give his view on the "debate", which from I see is "Best looking game on consoles". Look at the title of the thread.

That is the current hot debate on the net is it not? I don't believe the debate is "Does Crysis look fantastic?" because I am sure just about everyone would agree that the game looks fantastic. If they think otherwise I would be baffled.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:

Doom clearly wins on all accounts.

Chibi.V.29 said:
voty2000 said:
jhuff394 said:

Fanstastic.... now you can take the next step and get a ps3 to really make your jaw drop :)

Nope, it might make him say, that looks pretty good.  There is not nearly enough of a graphical difference between Crysis 2 and any PS3 game to make his jaw drop.  He might say it looks a little better but that's it.  The fact that their is even a debate on which games look better just shows how close they are in the graphics department. 

the reason most ps3 fans arnt that botherd abotu crysis 2 looking slightly better on 360 is even if someone did say crysis 2 360 version wa sbest looking consol game we still have like the other 9 of the top 10 xD (not literaly).

What?  When did I say anything about anyone being bothered?  I just pointed out that his statement was flawed because there is not enough difference between Crysis 2 and Killzone 3/PS3 exclusive to make one's jaw drop.  Now there is enough difference in PC graphics versus console graphics to make someone's jaw drop, I won't deny that. 

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
voty2000 said:
Euphoria14 said:

I know that, I was only saying that he can't really give his view on the "debate", which from I see is "Best looking game on consoles". Look at the title of the thread.

That is the current hot debate on the net is it not? I don't believe the debate is "Does Crysis look fantastic?" because I am sure just about everyone would agree that the game looks fantastic. If they think otherwise I would be baffled.

So since he doesn't have a PS3 he can't voice his opinion?  He can give is view as long as he's not making crap up or making claims that he can't back up. This is his view on the debate, his view.

voty2000 said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
voty2000 said:
jhuff394 said:

What?  When did I say anything about anyone being bothered?  I just pointed out that his statement was flawed because there is not enough difference between Crysis 2 and Killzone 3/PS3 exclusive to make one's jaw drop.  Now there is enough difference in PC graphics versus console graphics to make someone's jaw drop, I won't deny that. 

Aaah sorry i miss understood your post ^^ Im still kinda disapointed by the PC version of crysis :/ the fact it can be compared the crysis 1's graphics a 4 year old game is not great from my point of veiw :/ All hail battlefiled 3 our savior! xD

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

I'm pretty sure that if I went from playing Mario 64 and then popped in Prey, I'd shit myself as well. Your opinion is nice, but it isn't relevant to the basis of the discussion that's going around on these boards. Everyone knows Crysis 2 is a great looking game, but basing your opinion on it's visuals without having seen the graphical advances that have been going in the last 5 years only makes your opinion an uneducated one.

As an example, I've played pretty every heavy hitter in this generation, so when Alan Wake came along, I thought it didn't look that great, mainly because I have a history with other games that look better. I loved the game, but I wasn't wowed by the visuals. Had it been the first game I'd played in six years, then my eyeballs may have melted out of their sockets.

Still haven't played Crysis 2, may play it tonight.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Euphoria14 said:
voty2000 said:
Euphoria14 said:

i don't even think it's the debate about that. because the "Best looking game" could also include games like Limbo and Stacking. they look fantastic in my opinion.

maybe we should better discuss "Best technical achievment in visuals"

...not that the discussion would make any more sense

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Thanks for the replies.  As I aimed to say in my posts, I am only giving my point of view on the evolution of graphics in my gaming life.  This evolution brought me to Crysis 2.  And I think they are the best ones I have seen on the consoles I have played.   I am just voicing my enthousiastic opinion on this little gem of a game.  I would love to have a PS3 to be able to play the exclusives and see the graphics for myself, but I don't. 

Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!