By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted engine keeps getting better everytime!!

There's definitely a huge increase in the quality of the character models though.

Around the Network
SlaughterTheISA said:
GameAnalyser said:
SlaughterTheISA said:

Uncharted 4 will look better than real life!

Indeed..real life will be boring unless we get to see Uncharted.

It'll have to be networked directly to your brain otherwise your eyes would ruin it!

second that!!

The biggest leap was the one from UC1 to UC2. UC2 and 3 look almost the same to me. Nevertheless, UC2 stills looks amazing to date, so I don't care too much about graphics for this particular game, every other element looks top notch.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Does anyone know if they are bringing back the clothes deformation back from the first UC.  I thought it was a nice little addition to see the wrinkles in your clothes change as you ran.  Made it a little more realistic.  And it kinda was a let down that they didn't carry it over into UC2.

CGI-Quality said:
Vertigo-X said:

I'm really not seeing much of a difference in quality between Uncharted 2 and 3. Besides different settings and clothes, they look of the same graphical quality.

I think you all are making the differences, however small or large they may be, more significant than they really are.

Knowing Naughty Dog's work, I don't think anyone is overestimating it.

OT: I expect the engine to be as robiust as it's ever been with UC3, especially listening to recent interviews with Evan wells and the tech team. Will be a monstrous release come November!

It's not a matter of Naughty Dog's work; unless what they've shown so far is not indicative of the final game, the difference from 2 to 3 isn't going to be large by any means.

The BuShA owns all!

Around the Network

Do they even need to improve? They could make another game with the same damn engine and it will still be better than almost everything on the market.

Vertigo-X said:

I'm really not seeing much of a difference in quality between Uncharted 2 and 3. Besides different settings and clothes, they look of the same graphical quality.

I think you all are making the differences, however small or large they may be, more significant than they really are.

But it comes with package of fanboyism.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

UC3 will look better than UC2 but its not going to be by a huge amount. UC2 came out in late 2009. Not tons of time for a huge improvement visually. Regardless the game will be amazing. I'm more interested in seeing how the other TPS, Gears 3, will look since its been 2008 since we've seen a new Gears. Gears 2- Gears 3 will be as big an improvement as UC1 - UC2 was. Its going to be interesting to see which one looks the best.

That's why IMO ND stands out with along with a few other devlopers.

They are always pushing the boat out in terms of visuals and gameplay, and by some margin.

Certain franchises rather they be exclusive (or multiplat like COD) sequels are almost exactly the same with different scenery.

I know gaming is not all about graphics but it is a great way to show off your skills.

kowenicki said:

I'm interested to know where people think this franchise is going?

UC4?  or more?

Or UC3 is the end?

They seem to have a history of 4 games per series If I am recalling them correctly.

Yep.  And the fourth is always a racing game!