By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Naughty Dog has added DESTRUCTION to their engine (Uncharted 3)

FattyDingDong said:

wish naughty dogs were a 3rd party so they could make games for 360.

if you want a game so badly it doesnt matter on which console it is...or let it be...

Around the Network
FattyDingDong said:

Hell, you might as well bite the bullet and join the dark side.  And if you wait long enough this year, you could probably pick this up in a bundle for $250.

Im not so sure about this destruction yet, rather wait for a gameplay video showing it off properly. Anyways so much features being thrown into Uncharted 3....I hope they dont lose focus on what makes uncharted so great.

AND I hope they dont run out of time trying to implement all these features in the right way, could lead to a delay or it could lead to a lesser game. Uncharted games to me is the definition of polish, they need to keep that going.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

looks like limited structure damage. Basically certain parts will fall, not the entire thing. Its exactly what early structural damage displayed. I hope they managed to do more than whats shown in that gif, but based off the gif its the same amount damage Frostbite 1.0 and Unreal Engine 3 provides to things. It will lead to some fun gameplay no matter how much damage is there though; knock down walls onto enemies, create shortcuts, and use everything to your advantage.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

AbbathTheGrim said:
FattyDingDong said:

Wish other gamers to finally realize the importance of owning the PS3.

Gamers in Europe and Japan do. In America, they still haven't caught on.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
Areym said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
FattyDingDong said:

Wish other gamers to finally realize the importance of owning the PS3.

Gamers in Europe and Japan do. In America, they still haven't caught on.

we need more hype!!!

change the name of psn to LIVE, then call it the best, and charge for it.

trust me it will work

Slimebeast said:
zgamer5 said:
PullusPardus said:
Slimebeast said:

It's only gonna be in very limited amount of places.

And what's perhaps even worse, I don't think it's going to be dynamic destruction (in that every time you blow up something it fractures differently).

So basically this has been done in many games, especially shooters.

now imagine if its on Skyrim!

ugh stop it. its really getting lame.

What? Nothing about Elder Scrolls ever gets lame.

when we are comparing silly unwanted features then yes it does. thats why skyrim doesnt have destruction because games dont need it.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Maybe to certain degree but for all we know that destruction in the animated gif could be scripted

link? Or is that the entire article? and what's with the white bars?

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:

link? Or is that the entire article? and what's with the white bars?

The white bars are saying "11.1.11"

That's the release date of Uncharted 3. Nov 1, 2011