By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is YOUR game of the year..?!

Definitely Super Mario Galaxy, and a close second would be Portal for being my surprise gaming treat of the year. Very short, but very VERY sweet indeed!

Around the Network

my top three this year:
1) Uncharted (finished it yesterday), loved it
2) Warhawk
3) Killzone Liberation

fabledgamer said:
bioshock for me :)

Well I dont know how that game was on the 360 , but it dissapointed me a bit on the PC . It seams that the good old PC just gets tierd of so many game it allready has . It is a great game , I can see that , but its not for my taste ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

This year was a big let down for me, not too many game lived up to the hype, but my list is.

1) Ratchet for PS3, i loved this game and played it about 4 times and got everything.

Biggest upset was Halo3, this game is so over rated it is not funny, a 9 at most. Worst SP in the series, and the online is boring, the online also has lag in 90% of the games i played. But the game looked great except for the character models.

Another big upset was CoD4, the SP is cheap and gay, the online is fun but is full of lag and so many errors it is disgusting. Well over 90% of the games are full of lag, their is no online lobby or clan system, no CTF. The makers of the game have abandoned the PS3 gaming community in every way.

Super Mario Galaxy, Portal (I agree the rest of orange box is not Goty material) or Metroid Prime 3.

Around the Network

^half life 2 is GOTY material

God of War 2, followed by Mario Galaxy.

Tread on a flower. Suffer for the flower. A child's spring.

hunter_alien said:
fabledgamer said:

Well I dont know how that game was on the 360 , but it dissapointed me a bit on the PC . It seams that the good old PC just gets tierd of so many game it allready has . It is a great game , I can see that , but its not for my taste ...

well did you play it on high settings,i played it on 360 and i must say it rocked but i dont think its GOTY

endurance said:
hunter_alien said:
fabledgamer said:

well did you play it on high settings,i played it on 360 and i must say it rocked but i dont think its GOTY

The problem was not with the garphics . Even though its a bit to dark IMO , its still breathtaking . The problem is that almost all gameplay elements where allready used in a game or a nother . Yes , it is a quality game , but IMO is waaaaaay overrated .

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

^yeah the gameplay elements were used on other games excpet for the plasmids which is why i really loved the game