By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Crysis 2 really easy?

Look, I am very interested in this game and want to support Crytek for their efforts with a purchase, but one thing bugs me about all the videos I have seen thus far, regardless of hich platform it runs on, whether it be PC, 360 or PS3.

The AI seems to be absolutely retarded.

I have seen videos of sniping, where the enemy takes a shot to the back and just continues to stand there, just waiting for the next shot to take him down. Even the buddy right next to him failed to move and look for any kind of cover. The gun used was loud too, but that shouldn't matter since I am pretty sure any of us would run if we got hit with a bullet rather than stand in the same place like nothing ever happened.

Then I see videos of the player not paying attention and next thing you know he has an enemy no more than 5 feet away shooting at him, but missing...

Really, are the enemies in this game really that stupid? If so I think it would make the game incredibly easy and I am not sure if I feel comfortable right now dropping $60 on the title.

Do EA titles usually drop in price quickly?

Thanks in advance.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

I think EA titles retail for $49 as a new release...not sure about crysis though.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shinobi-san said:

I think EA titles retail for $49 as a new release...not sure about crysis though.

Crysis 2 is $59.99.

Would have purchased it yesterday, however a co-worker got me to buy a headset for the PS3 instead.

Had the thing since 2006 and just now I finally bought a headset.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

uhm as every Crytek game Crysis 2 is not easy at all.

Granted there are some AI bugs (only encountered one so far), but even on the easiest settings you will die fast if you just try to run through the enemy lines.

Barozi said:

uhm as every Crytek game Crysis 2 is not easy at all.

Granted there are some AI bugs (only encountered one so far), but even on the easiest settings you will die fast if you just try to run through the enemy lines.

Fortunately I never play run n gun.

I don't know, I am just being overly cautious because after having a kid I am on a gaming budget. Only got Killzone 3 because old PS3 died and 1 week later the bundle was releasing. If not for that I wouldn't have had a new game since LBP2 and that would have been my only game this year so far, and I paid that off back in November. I'm on a sort of drought if you know what I mean.

Only definites I have are The Last Guardian and Dark Souls for this year. I may pick up others, but I am going to really ask questions and get impressions from people here before doing so.

Currently playing:

Around the Network

It has been kicking my butt.  I was surprised at the difficulty.  I've been playing on normal and the first chapter I died more than I can remember.  I've only played for an hour and a half but so far the game has been difficult. 

voty2000 said:

It has been kicking my butt.  I was surprised at the difficulty.  I've been playing on normal and the first chapter I died more than I can remember.  I've only played for an hour and a half but so far the game has been difficult. 

Taking it slow and steady or playing run and gun style?

I see so many videos where many places look so incredibly devoid of enemies that I have trouble thinking that it has challenge.

I assume it has sections that get really really intense with big gun fights?

Also, how is the multiplayer?

On PS3 or 360?

I have a buddy at work who plays KZ3 with me and said that if I grab Crysis 2 he will as well, so these questions are really importants.

Thanks in advance.

Currently playing:

Crysis 2 is weird because there isn't a set way to go through levels. Sure you are going to the same destination each time but how you get there varies. If you play stealthily you can probably skip past many enemies using cloak. If you want to play run and gun then good luck when you get farther in the story. The aliens really can be a bitch. I'm playing on Veteran (second hardest level) and its not necessarily easy, but you don't have to kill every single enemy like you do in other shooters to move on. You can slip past them if you like. It just depends how you want to play. Its a game where if you don't use your nano suit abilities correctly you won't survive. I recommend it.

damefan said:

Crysis 2 is weird because there isn't a set way to go through levels. Sure you are going to the same destination each time but how you get there varies. If you play stealthily you can probably skip past many enemies using cloak. If you want to play run and gun then good luck when you get farther in the story. The aliens really can be a bitch. I'm playing on Veteran (second hardest level) and its not necessarily easy, but you don't have to kill every single enemy like you do in other shooters to move on. You can slip past them if you like. It just depends how you want to play. Its a game where if you don't use your nano suit abilities correctly you won't survive. I recommend it.

I tend to take my time but I really enjoy scoping out a group of baddies and then taking them out of afar.

I know Crysis 2 has sections like this, but as I said, from the limited amount of video I have seen from those sections the AI seems to be retarded.

I like when an enemy knows of my presence, that way I can wait patiently for them to think it may be clear and poke a head out, then I take a shot and watch them crumble to the floor.

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:
damefan said:

I tend to take my time but I really enjoy scoping out a group of baddies and then taking them out of afar.

I know Crysis 2 has sections like this, but as I said, from the limited amount of video I have seen from those sections the AI seems to be retarded.

I like when an enemy knows of my presence, that way I can wait patiently for them to think it may be clear and poke a head out, then I take a shot and watch them crumble to the floor.

Then you would like Crysis 2 because that is exactly how it is. It actually reminds me a bit of MGS in a way because the AI humans say and react similar when you cloak and disappear from sight. There is actually an awareness/stealth meter in the hud that shows how aware they are of your prescence. Obviously its red all the way up if they see you and know you're there but if you hide for a bit or cloak it goes down.