By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Crysis 2 really easy?

damefan said:
Euphoria14 said:
damefan said:

Crysis 2 is weird because there isn't a set way to go through levels. Sure you are going to the same destination each time but how you get there varies. If you play stealthily you can probably skip past many enemies using cloak. If you want to play run and gun then good luck when you get farther in the story. The aliens really can be a bitch. I'm playing on Veteran (second hardest level) and its not necessarily easy, but you don't have to kill every single enemy like you do in other shooters to move on. You can slip past them if you like. It just depends how you want to play. Its a game where if you don't use your nano suit abilities correctly you won't survive. I recommend it.

I tend to take my time but I really enjoy scoping out a group of baddies and then taking them out of afar.

I know Crysis 2 has sections like this, but as I said, from the limited amount of video I have seen from those sections the AI seems to be retarded.

I like when an enemy knows of my presence, that way I can wait patiently for them to think it may be clear and poke a head out, then I take a shot and watch them crumble to the floor.

Then you would like Crysis 2 because that is exactly how it is. It actually reminds me a bit of MGS in a way because the AI humans say and react similar when you cloak and disappear from sight. There is actually an awareness/stealth meter in the hud that shows how aware they are of your prescence. Obviously its red all the way up if they see you and know you're there but if you hide for a bit or cloak it goes down.

That sounds great. I know they said in some reviews that the game gets you to think a bit, so maybe the dumb dumb AI is ocassional and not the standard.

Sounds very promising.

I really wish the PS3 demo worked. I didn't even get to test it out. GameFly rental should be here in a few days. If I love it and love the multi as well I will buy it. Hopefully Black Ops doesn't show up instead...

Thanks a ton.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
damefan said:
Euphoria14 said:
damefan said:

Crysis 2 is weird because there isn't a set way to go through levels. Sure you are going to the same destination each time but how you get there varies. If you play stealthily you can probably skip past many enemies using cloak. If you want to play run and gun then good luck when you get farther in the story. The aliens really can be a bitch. I'm playing on Veteran (second hardest level) and its not necessarily easy, but you don't have to kill every single enemy like you do in other shooters to move on. You can slip past them if you like. It just depends how you want to play. Its a game where if you don't use your nano suit abilities correctly you won't survive. I recommend it.

I tend to take my time but I really enjoy scoping out a group of baddies and then taking them out of afar.

I know Crysis 2 has sections like this, but as I said, from the limited amount of video I have seen from those sections the AI seems to be retarded.

I like when an enemy knows of my presence, that way I can wait patiently for them to think it may be clear and poke a head out, then I take a shot and watch them crumble to the floor.

Then you would like Crysis 2 because that is exactly how it is. It actually reminds me a bit of MGS in a way because the AI humans say and react similar when you cloak and disappear from sight. There is actually an awareness/stealth meter in the hud that shows how aware they are of your prescence. Obviously its red all the way up if they see you and know you're there but if you hide for a bit or cloak it goes down.

That sounds great. I know they said in some reviews that the game gets you to think a bit, so maybe the dumb dumb AI is ocassional and not the standard.

Sounds very promising.

I really wish the PS3 demo worked. I didn't even get to test it out. GameFly rental should be here in a few days. If I love it and love the multi as well I will buy it. Hopefully Black Ops doesn't show up instead...

Thanks a ton.

No problem and demo didn't do the game justice. I actually didn't enjoy the demo too much but I decided to buy the game anyways after seeing the footage from the finished game. I am glad I did and its a great game. One of my favorite FPS single player experiences. Multi is great as well. The demo was the worst looking map on the whole game and the demo didn't run smoothly either.

welcome to:

===== http://www.clothes6.org  ====

Air jordan(1-24)shoes $30

Handbags(Coach l v f e n d i d&g) $35

Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $15

Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30

Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,A r m a i n i) $15

New era cap $12

Bikini (Ed hardy,polo) $20

====== http://www.clothes6.org ====

http://www.clothes6.org

Euphoria14 said:
voty2000 said:

It has been kicking my butt.  I was surprised at the difficulty.  I've been playing on normal and the first chapter I died more than I can remember.  I've only played for an hour and a half but so far the game has been difficult. 

Taking it slow and steady or playing run and gun style?

I see so many videos where many places look so incredibly devoid of enemies that I have trouble thinking that it has challenge.

I assume it has sections that get really really intense with big gun fights?

Also, how is the multiplayer?

On PS3 or 360?

I have a buddy at work who plays KZ3 with me and said that if I grab Crysis 2 he will as well, so these questions are really importants.

Thanks in advance.

I'm playing the 360 version and have not and probably won't play the multiplayer.  I started out running and gunning and just got destroyed.  I'm playing more stealth style and it's tough because you invisibility wears off and you have to let it recharge.  It works well and adds a challenge.  What kills me is that you can't just kill guys in front of you then go to that spot and wait for a chance to kill the next set of guys.  If you stay in the same spot too long guys will spawn behind you, so you can't sit still for too long. 

I didn't think Killzone 2 was hard at all but haven't tried Killzone 3, but that should give you some perspective.  I haven't come across many sections devoid of enemies.  The only sections with few baddies have been the section with aliens, because the aliens killed all the other baddies.  I have not played many stealth games besides MGS 4 but this game has challenged me immensely. 

Euphoria I've been hearing some different things with regards to AIs in Crysis 2 based on some reviews.

They say that the AI are indeed smart and one of the best AI around. Crytek did in the past made a statement saying that Crysis 2 will have the best AIs ever and reviewers do seem to agree that it does indeed have great AI.

Though I hear that Crysis 2 is lacking major boss fights.

Around the Network
Cross-X said:

Euphoria I've been hearing some different things with regards to AIs in Crysis 2 based on some reviews.

They say that the AI are indeed smart and one of the best AI around. Crytek did in the past made a statement saying that Crysis 2 will have the best AIs ever and reviewers do seem to agree that it does indeed have great AI.

Doesn't it have that thing in the train station they showed at last year's E3?

gurglesletch said:
Cross-X said:

Doesn't it have that thing in the train station they showed at last year's E3?

THey say there aren't enough major boss fights. I cant remember which reviews said that but it was one of the downsides of Crysis 2 according to some.

voty2000 said:
Euphoria14 said:
voty2000 said:

It has been kicking my butt.  I was surprised at the difficulty.  I've been playing on normal and the first chapter I died more than I can remember.  I've only played for an hour and a half but so far the game has been difficult. 

Taking it slow and steady or playing run and gun style?

I see so many videos where many places look so incredibly devoid of enemies that I have trouble thinking that it has challenge.

I assume it has sections that get really really intense with big gun fights?

Also, how is the multiplayer?

On PS3 or 360?

I have a buddy at work who plays KZ3 with me and said that if I grab Crysis 2 he will as well, so these questions are really importants.

Thanks in advance.

I'm playing the 360 version and have not and probably won't play the multiplayer.  I started out running and gunning and just got destroyed.  I'm playing more stealth style and it's tough because you invisibility wears off and you have to let it recharge.  It works well and adds a challenge.  What kills me is that you can't just kill guys in front of you then go to that spot and wait for a chance to kill the next set of guys.  If you stay in the same spot too long guys will spawn behind you, so you can't sit still for too long. 

I didn't think Killzone 2 was hard at all but haven't tried Killzone 3, but that should give you some perspective.  I haven't come across many sections devoid of enemies.  The only sections with few baddies have been the section with aliens, because the aliens killed all the other baddies.  I have not played many stealth games besides MGS 4 but this game has challenged me immensely. 

Don't worry, you will run into alot more aliens soon enough :)  You should try out the multi, its very fun.