Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis 2 - PS3 vs 360 performance comparison

Apparently, I've underestimated the importance of Crysis 2.  A key battle in the console wars hinges on who gets the better version of this game!  I wonder how many people are actually gonna buy this game, though.

mZuzek loves Smeags. 😢

Around the Network
slowmo said:

Interesting you should note a developers intervention when a lot of casual observers picked up on the texture problem who aren't in the least bit graphics professionals in this instance.  That's not remotely the same thing imo.

I never implied a PS3 bias for not doing the mandatory installation by the way but it's pretty obvious that shot wouldn't have appeared that way with a HDD installation.  My point is that if they wanted a fair comparison it should show both consoles in their best light for stills and discarded the obivous technically flawed shots.  If they wanted to bring up some performance issue then they could use that shot in their full diagnosis later, not as some quick glimpse between the systems.  I'm pretty sure they probably didn't even note the issue in their haste to get the pics up.  As I said by the way, that wasn't the only screen shot they posted that looked frankly crap and unrepresentative of the final product. 

I don't think they denied it being not the fully loaded pic of the game. They didn't mention that crysis 2 on the 360 has worse textures.

It was their screenshot comparison which is usually not considered as important as their head 2 heads.

Crysis 2 has some blur issues or ghosting issues so screen capturing them can give you some unfair screens and this has been noted by many, so every other capture by them not being representative of the final version is more like an illusion.

slowmo said:
Ping_ii said:

1.Bu bu but IGN said teh xbawx is teh better grafix!

2.Funny how LOT is no longer "trusted" but back when they did a comparison with the demo showing ps3 version inferior I didn't see 360 fans complain AHAHAHAHAH!

3. 0% screen tearing for ps3 or slight higher frame on 360..........wow xbawx is so superior.

The more hilarious part is the huge number of posts from Sony fans who have dissed them even more when other comparisons of multiplats didn't go their way.  You can't have it both ways.

right do you see them here celebrating? no?

homefront looked slightly better on ps3 did you see a huge fuzz about it from ps3 fans in here?

ahh... I just played the game on 360 at friends house... graphics are not bad.... nothing like uncharted 2 or killzone 3 though lmao..

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Ping_ii said:

2.Funny how LOT is no longer "trusted" but back when they did a comparison with the demo showing ps3 version inferior I didn't see 360 fans complain AHAHAHAHAH!

3. 0% screen tearing for ps3 or slight higher frame on 360..........wow xbawx is so superior.

Your spelling, grammar, and intellect is far from superior.

Around the Network
jhuff394 said:

ahh... I just played the game on 360 at friends house... graphics are not bad.... nothing like uncharted 2 or killzone 3 though lmao..

You're right they are nothing like them, they are better. Thanks for playing.

damefan said:
Ping_ii said:

its because the xbawx version is so superior! but IGN SAID!!!!

Ping_ii said:
damefan said:
Ping_ii said:

its because the xbawx version is so superior! but IGN SAID!!!!

People might take you seriously if you acted older than 12, but since I don't know how old you are maybe you really are 12. If so I apologize and carry on.

Ping_ii said:
slowmo said:
Ping_ii said:

The more hilarious part is the huge number of posts from Sony fans who have dissed them even more when other comparisons of multiplats didn't go their way.  You can't have it both ways.

right do you see them here celebrating? no?

homefront looked slightly better on ps3 did you see a huge fuzz about it from ps3 fans in here?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=126253&page=1

Your own thread no less, care to backtrack at all?

Nsanity said:
justinian said:
Nsanity said:
nightsurge said:

What I don't get is why LensOfTruth stated earlier that the PS3 version has a much higher/more noticeable frame rate drop/slowdown during hectic scenes and areas, but didn't use any of those segments for their tests it seems.

Lens of Truth are nothing more than bunch of amateurs out to make a name for themselves.

And if they said x360 version was far superior they would be your God.

Just because someone doesn't say what you want to hear doesn't make them amateurs or useless.

I like them because unlike others that just give an (which can be biased) opinion they show results from tests that really can't lie.

I dont give a rats ass if they said every  game looked or performed better on 360 because to me they are bunch of fucking wannabes trying to get in on Digitalfoundry spotlight.

You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. Let's leave it there.

@slowmo

"They are amateurs at the end of the day, that's not necessarily a bad thing as they at least offer people something for free".

I can't argue with that. It's what they offer for free, results based on tests.  Not just "this game is better than that one because I say so".