By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - George Hotz Runs Away to South America; Lies About Having PSN Account

LivingMetal said:
Galaki said:

It's already been debunked yet you people still argue about it.

source

Stewart Kellar, Hotz's attorney, said Sony's claim that the drives were missing "integral components," concerned "stock controller cards, not the hard drives themselves," Kellar told IGN. "The neutral [party] subsequently had to explain to SCEA the form and function of hard drive controller cards. Those controller cards have since been provided to the neutral so the point is moot."

Sony doesn't know what a controller card is?

What kind of HDD Hotz's using that Sony isn't capable to finding the controller card themselves?

Do you expect every employee at Sony to know how every single electronic component works?

Stop for a moment and think about what you just asked.

Okay. Now, facepalm yourself and you'll be forgiven.

Around the Network

So the moral of the story is that SCEA is full of incompetents who don't know what an HDD controller card is?

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Galaki said:
LivingMetal said:
Galaki said:

source

Stewart Kellar, Hotz's attorney, said Sony's claim that the drives were missing "integral components," concerned "stock controller cards, not the hard drives themselves," Kellar told IGN. "The neutral [party] subsequently had to explain to SCEA the form and function of hard drive controller cards. Those controller cards have since been provided to the neutral so the point is moot."

What kind of HDD Hotz's using that Sony isn't capable to finding the controller card themselves?

Do you expect every employee at Sony to know how every single electronic component works?

Ummm...  When you speak to Sony, you speak to someone who works for Sony.  Not one employee knows everything there is to know about the company.  This is reality.

LivingMetal said:
Galaki said:
LivingMetal said:
Galaki said:

source

Ummm...  When you speak to Sony, you speak to someone who works for Sony.  Not one employee knows everything there is to know about the company.  This is reality.

oh, COME ON! reality doesn't count in this one!

we have already established that EVERYONE working for Sony is incompetent and evil, now don't go and bring reality into this!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Any evidence from say, a police/court official saying they think he's fled or at least some kind of reputable source?

Until then, colour me a sceptical bastard.

Around the Network

I love the gullibility of some of the people of this thread. Really reflects on their fanboyism and makes their life choices very questionable to an outside observer.

Update: The BBC reports that while Hotz is acknowledging he is in fact in South America, the trip was planned "for months" and that he remains in contact with his lawyers. On his blog, Hotz wrote:

Factually, it's true I'm in South America, on a vacation I've had planned and paid for since November. I mean, it is Spring break; hacking isn't my life.

Either BBC is doing their April Fool's jokes a week early and have Hotz in on the joke as well, or everyone can accept this story as confirmed. 

greenmedic88 said:

Update: The BBC reports that while Hotz is acknowledging he is in fact in South America, the trip was planned "for months" and that he remains in contact with his lawyers. On his blog, Hotz wrote:

Factually, it's true I'm in South America, on a vacation I've had planned and paid for since November. I mean, it is Spring break; hacking isn't my life.

Either BBC is doing their April Fool's jokes a week early and have Hotz in on the joke as well, or everyone can accept this story as confirmed. 

yes yes ive just read this on N4G and he also claims that he hasnt spent a dime of the donations on this holiday.........

bs

He claimed everything was already paid for back in November, which would have been well before SCE hit him with the lawsuit for what it's worth. Not that it makes a terrible amount of difference whether the 2-3 thousand he supposedly spent in advance on airlines, hotel room and food plus whatever expenses is much different than spending any of the tens of thousands that were donated for his legal defense fund.

Either way, he still has to pay those legal fees and court costs.

But it still seems more than just a bit off that because he spent a load on a South American spring break vacation that he's depending upon donations to cover his legals costs.

greenmedic88 said:

...the more you know

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’