By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - George Hotz Runs Away to South America; Lies About Having PSN Account

Mr Khan said:

Edit: is it legal to flee from a civil subpoena? I would think not either way, but less damning than if he were on criminal trial

You can't "flee" a civil case, since you're not required to show up.  You will forfeit the case, though.

Edit: There may be sanctions as well.  Forgot about those.

Around the Network

kitler53 said:
thranx said:
kitler53 said:
Damnyouall said:
kitler53 said:
Damnyouall said:

Fun fact: People of low intelligence tend to believe anything that fits their agenda, no matter how blatantly implausible or nonsensical, and they never waste any time on fact-finding.

"The more you know".

right, cause fleeing to avoid prosecution is sooo blatantly implausible and nonsensical.

Fun fact: He is not being prosecuted. This is civil litigation.

"The more you know".

...and the article posted clearly callsout he was discovered to have tampered with evidence and perjured himself.  Those are criminal litigations.

"The more you know".

Accusation of criminal activity in a civil case. Its not a criminal case until the DA is doing the work. I mean we could just take sony's word that he tampered with it, we all know they are so trust worthy. Until criminal charges are filed he should be free to roam the world, he just has to make his courtdates or have his lawyer do them for him.

wtf are you even arguing with me for?

i was mislead by an article written to be intentionally misleading.  but the fact is, the article is plausible.  when damnyouall comes in and calls out everyone is this thread "of low intelligence" for buying in to a plausible article (even for just a moment) i'm going to call him out for what he is, a dickwad.

I am not arguing I am just correcting facts. Is that a problem? Would it be better that I let people be mislead more? With all these fans in here jumping on the OMG he fled the country band wagon a few people should help stop the spread of mis information.

kitler53 said:

i was mislead by an article written to be intentionally misleading.  but the fact is, the article is plausible. 

Not really, which is why damnyouall is posting what he's posting.  Again, this is a civil case, not a criminal one.  Moreover, I'm pretty sure he's already turned his hard drive over to a third-party, as the parties previously agreed to over a month ago, so that part of the story is probably impossible.

kitler53 said:

wtf are you even arguing with me for?

i was mislead by an article written to be intentionally misleading.  but the fact is, the article is plausible.  when damnyouall comes in and calls out everyone is this thread "of low intelligence" for buying in to a plausible article (even for just a moment) i'm going to call him out for what he is, a dickwad.

It's not plausible because there is no evidence of criminal prosecution. Even if there was, which is unlikely in the first place, its doubtful that the penalties would be very severe. In a worst case scenario where he was guilty of everything, he would probably only spend a couple months in a low security facility or be on probation. Certainly not worth being a fugtive forever.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Around the Network

this made me lol

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

chapset said:

this made me lol

LMFAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOO! that was just brilliant

OT: will wait for confirmation :D hope it's true for the lulz it will give

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

noname2200 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

plus there would probably be people watching him to make sure he doesn't fly the coop. 

That would be incredibly unusual.  Was he deemed a flight risk by the court?

Well, "hijack" is only three letters away from "hack".

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Damnyouall said:

Fun fact: People of low intelligence tend to believe anything that fits their agenda, no matter how blatantly implausible or nonsensical, and they never waste any time on fact-finding.

"The more you know".

Stay on topic, please.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:

Well, "hijack" is only three letters away from "hack".

Two letters, actually.