By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I know i am a little late.....

babuks said:

If you ever used Vista, you'll like 7 more than any body else, because 7 has recovered from the annoyances and problems of Vista quite a bit.

I have been using vista for 2 years now (was too lazy to upgrade), and the performance is just sooooo much better. Vista felt like crap compared to this pot of gold lol

Around the Network
sad.man.loves.vgc said:

I jumped from XP to windows vista SP2 to windows 7 and there difference between the two is the tool bar or taskbar or something.

try moving a window to the top or side of the screen your mind will be BLOWN!

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Yes, my computer seems to boot much faster. Also, there are some sweet backgrounds! Thanks MS. 

win 7 sucks --> constant problems with windows update manager...

What's so awesome about it? It still requires one to restart on Firefox update for example. (Didn't happen on MacOS)

It still has wierd bugs that should not bee, like broswing the hard drive to save an Outlook attachment. If you don't know what drives or folders not to klick the application will freeze, which is wierd since it does work well otherwise. I have it on winxp style visually, so it's like an evolution of that, but still windows.

Note: never used Vista.

Around the Network

Still going on windowns XP SP 2 ^^'

ithis said:

What's so awesome about it? It still requires one to restart on Firefox update for example. (Didn't happen on MacOS)

It still has wierd bugs that should not bee, like broswing the hard drive to save an Outlook attachment. If you don't know what drives or folders not to klick the application will freeze, which is wierd since it does work well otherwise. I have it on winxp style visually, so it's like an evolution of that, but still windows.

Note: never used Vista.

Exactly.

sapphi_snake said:

LOL. Well, it's never too late...

If i told you i finally installed Windows 95 would that be too late? =P

It is pretty awesome ;)

Might be better compared to vista (never used it) but I still prefer xp over win 7.

xp boots faster and 'only' uses 300mb of memory, win 7 uses 1 gb of memory before you start anything.

Win 7 file sharing is still a pain in the ass. Why is it setting permissions for every single file separately, it takes 5 minutes to share/unshare my media directory. Sharing my 1tb usb drive through the router as a network drive would not work at all, just a mess of login permissions. I can see the drive, login on the drive, but no permission to access anything on it, ugh why.

Other then that the performance is fine. But to be expected running on a desktop with a 2.8 ghz i7 and 8gb ram. It would not have a chance in hell running on my laptop with 1.6ghz pentium and 1gb ram. My xp laptop boots faster then my wife's 2.3ghz i3 laptop with 4gb ram and win7, that's progress :)