By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Tracking PlayStation Certified devices

Since Sony are releasing the first PS Certified phone soon, the Xperia Play, and they plan on launching the PS Suite later on, I'm personally very interested in knowing how these devices will fare. The Xperia Play seems to be getting some good support, and could make for some interesting developments with portable gaming if it becomes a success.

Is VGChartz planning on tracking PS Certified devices (or just Sony ones maybe)?

Is anyone else interested in knowing how the devices will be doing?

Around the Network

They dont track iphones, ipads or androids, so i doubt they will track, playstation suite, its not a dedicated gameing device its a phone. 

I think it would be good if they did track these platforms, but as there is no way for them to track software on any of these devices, it prolly wont happen. 

Gonna suck for tracking on NGP as with the digital download support the tracking of software will be terrible, similar to PC i guess.

Xenostar said:

They dont track iphones, ipads or androids, so i doubt they will track, playstation suite, its not a dedicated gameing device its a phone. 

I think it would be good if they did track these platforms, but as there is no way for them to track software on any of these devices, it prolly wont happen. 

Gonna suck for tracking on NGP as with the digital download support the tracking of software will be terrible, similar to PC i guess.

Actually playstation suite itself is dedicated game software. The phones supporting it is however, not.

I would also like to know how it fairs.

Check out my game about moles ^

Xenostar said:

That's why I said PS Certified devices and not the PS Suite.

But yeah, I was hoping to maybe generate some interest on the subject, but there doesn't seem to be much...

Windows Mobile 7 has XBLA games too, but those handsets are generally overlooked.  For VGC tracking, it seems to really just be dedicated game platforms, not convergence devices.

PS Certified isn't limited to Sony or Sony Ericson either I thought?  Didn't they plan on licensing it out to other Android manufacturers?

Around the Network

In order to track the PS suite they will have to track an wide range of android phones capable of running the suite 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

The real question is, how good will an XPERIA Play be, should I get one?

i just hope i can play these playstation certified games on my NGP xD

and please sony put it on the Samsung Galaxy S II! i am buying it soon =)

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

gustave154 said:

You can't play proper games without physical controls, there is no way the Galaxy S II is going to be PlayStation certified

Munkeh111 said:
gustave154 said:

You can't play proper games without physical controls, there is no way the Galaxy S II is going to be PlayStation certified

its going to have the PS Suite to play PSN games. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong