By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Crysis 2 PS3 first 30 mins.

selnor said:

Looks the same to me guys. Amazing.

I have a newfound respect for you selnor, I apologize for my post in your crysis 2 360 thread.  Glad to see you spreadin the love.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

This game is certainly the best looking console game across all platforms. Much better looking than killzone 3 at least, that was a disappointment in the graphical department. 

I guess this debunks the myth of the ps3 being substantially more powerful than the 360. 

Good job Crytek. 

Darth Tigris said:

Selnor with a pro-PS3 post.  I thought I heard confused fanboys exploding off in the distance.  ; )

Good to see.  The topic was getting really annoying.

Selnor I think was always just pro 360 getting good games and never really anti the PS3.  Much as I prefer the PS3 personally but I'm not anti the 360 (heck I've got one).

For a long time (too long) if you had any legitimate preference for one console it was assumed that automatically meant you were anti another.

Selnor has always just been ethusiastic about games IMHO and excited about spreading the word about good looking games on 360.

On Topic - looks pretty good.  If these recent videos are final build then I guess Crytek did a good job after all on the multiplatform aspect.  I'm puzzled at the release of a less impressive Beta demo as in today's market no-one seems to pay attention to the "Beta" aspect and it can be harmful to a game as a result, but I guess it served it's purpose of testing the servers.

Just because, no matter how well coded, I doubt a multiplatform engine will ever eclipse a really well coded exclusive engine, I don't expect this to be the peak on PS3 (or even 360 for the same reason) it's nice to know it looks like the game will certainly be right at the top of the FPS genre visually on both consoles and somewhat confirm Crytek's claims.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

ffirebrand_cloud said:

This game is certainly the best looking console game across all platforms. Much better looking than killzone 3 at least, that was a disappointment in the graphical department. 

I guess this debunks the myth of the ps3 being substantially more powerful than the 360. 

Good job Crytek. 

*facepalm

Ping_ii said:
ffirebrand_cloud said:

Good job Crytek. 

*facepalm

Killzone 3 was a disappointment in graphical dept.

lol.

Around the Network
mantlepiecek said:
Ping_ii said:
ffirebrand_cloud said:

Good job Crytek. 

*facepalm

lol.

It's a bit soon for april fools mate.

May the adjustments be with you

I feel a disturbance in the sales

Tiwaz said:
mantlepiecek said:
Ping_ii said:
ffirebrand_cloud said:

Good job Crytek. 

*facepalm

lol.

It's a bit soon for april fools mate.

Lmfao dissapointment my ass.

Ping_ii said:
ffirebrand_cloud said:

Good job Crytek.

*facepalm

More like double facepalm. It looks good, but Killzone 3 looks and works better.

graphics are good but if you see him go close to objects then you can see the textures are not that great.

SP looks much more interesting than in the first game so i will check this out at some point.

Darth Tigris said:

Selnor with a pro-PS3 post.  I thought I heard confused fanboys exploding off in the distance.  ; )

Good to see.  The topic was getting really annoying.

nah, it's all part of his Anti-PS3 plan, creating hype amongst PS3 gamers, deceving them into thinking that the PS3 version is the same as the 360 version, only to be dissapointed when they get the real game.

You're not going to trick em, Selnor!

On topic: I didn't expect that to be honest. With Crytek being PC dev and the demo being that worse, I expected the final game to be same. Guess they really worked a lot on the PS3 version after all. Congrats Crytek.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.