By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Crysis 2 PS3 first 30 mins.

I guess the multi suffered a bit from being developed by a different outfit, a team based in the UK. I think the main Crytek team worked on the single a lot longer than the UK team had for the multi. Maybe that is why the visuals suffered a bit for the multi?

The Killzone guys, much like Gears got it right with building the two components side by side.

Around the Network

Wow.. Am I missing something here? 

Don't get me wrong people, Killzone 3 looks quite nice but the framerate is disgusting and the animations are really sloppy. At least that ruins the game graphically to me. I mean yesterday I got the DLC maps and Salamun Market is UNPLAYABLE because of how sloppy the framerate gets. KZ2 wasn't like that at all. 

In my opinion Crysis 2 looks much better than KZ3. There's no need to downplay my opinion by replying "facepalm" or "LMFAO". You need to get a life and mature. 

ffirebrand_cloud said:

Don't get me wrong people, Killzone 3 looks quite nice but the framerate is disgusting and the animations are really sloppy. At least that ruins the game graphically to me. I mean yesterday I got the DLC maps and Salamun Market is UNPLAYABLE because of how sloppy the framerate gets. KZ2 wasn't like that at all. 

In my opinion Crysis 2 looks much better than KZ3. There's no need to downplay my opinion by replying "facepalm" or "LMFAO". You need to get a life and mature. 

i think there's some kind of problem with your copy, because my copy runs perfectly fine, the framerate drops are unexistant in any kind of game, and the animations are perfectly fine for me, in fact, the killzone animations are considered one of the best on the market....

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

ffirebrand_cloud said:

i have played through killzone 3 3 times and a good bit of the multiplayer and the framerate never noticeably dropped so ether your ps3 is dieing or you have a horrible inthernet connection

as for the animations i think the faces look off while the bodys looks very good

I'm skipping this one, multiplayer beta SUCKED

Around the Network
-Newcloud- said:
ffirebrand_cloud said:

i have played through killzone 3 3 times and a good bit of the multiplayer and the framerate never noticeably dropped so ether your ps3 is dieing or you have a horrible inthernet connection

as for the animations i think the faces look off while the bodys looks very good

No. It's none of those issues. I'm not the only person complaining about this:

http://community.killzone.com/t5/Killzone-3-PS3/so-sick-of-the-crappy-framerate/td-p/794301

Just type KZ3 frame rate on google and see for yourself. 

ffirebrand_cloud said:

I stopped reading at the part about animations. They are insane and probably some of the best.

ffirebrand_cloud said:

This game is certainly the best looking console game across all platforms. Much better looking than killzone 3 at least, that was a disappointment in the graphical department. 

I guess this debunks the myth of the ps3 being substantially more powerful than the 360. 

Good job Crytek. 

Lol pinch your arm, wake up and then take a look at the 2 side by side in seperate web pages. The game looks great but even Uncharted 2 looks better than the consol versions of Crysis 2. KZ3 is a graphical beast.

Man for a group of people who always claim graphics ain't important, they sure love singing about Crysis 2s good looking graphics. Open your eyes people and see things for what they really are instead of letting your bias talk.

ffirebrand_cloud said:
-Newcloud- said:
ffirebrand_cloud said:

No. It's none of those issues. I'm not the only person complaining about this:

http://community.killzone.com/t5/Killzone-3-PS3/so-sick-of-the-crappy-framerate/td-p/794301

Just type KZ3 frame rate on google and see for yourself. 

Yeah eh Digital foundary had something completely differant to say about the framerate.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-killzone-3

They said its pretty much locked in at 30 frame. Also before you get all technical about KZ3 vs Crysis 2 just wait for digital Foundarys results for Crysis to and then compare the games.

ffirebrand_cloud said:

Are you shitting me? Dude the framerate in KZ2 was fucking awful at 32 player matches. In KZ3, I HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH IT AT ALL. Animations... no comment man no comment.

Go find the digital foundry comparison.

EDIT: The guy above me posted it!