By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW up march 12th 2011.

Safe to say that there's a lot of weird numbers this Week in (and not in) that Top 40.

Anyway.

Pokemon has opened up with the 2nd highest opening of all time, on a single platform. Only behind Black Ops which holds the title (as well as the fastest to 10 Million, beating NSMB Wii after recent adjustments).

Excellent DS WW Numbers and PS3 numbers

Next weeks will be depressing.

Around the Network

hope you guys are not forgetting japan are in a disaster right now..

Anyway pokemon pwns all games.. just wait till it gets on the 3DS..  what do you reckon will happen to that?..

who can resist pokemon with better graphics in 3D!.. now what will the NGP have?.. LOL

Carl2291 said:

Pokemon has opened up with the 2nd highest opening of all time, on a single platform. Only behind Black Ops which holds the title (as well as the fastest to 10 Million, beating NSMB Wii after recent adjustments).

There are always further adjustments.

Beuli2 said:
Games4Fun said:
Beuli2 said:

DS vs 3DS year battle:

DS 2,318,522

3DS 678,160

Ninty is doom Ninty is going to own Ninty so hard!

In a certain way, it shows that the new direction they are taking will flop.

Well I cant say I really agree or disagree as I am not sure really what they are going for with the 3DS. BUt it is only out in one country and that country is having a ton of problems atm. I really doubt 3DS can sell what the DS has, but ya never know. I didnt think any system would ever beat PS2

The YTD gap keeps expanding. Every  week it looks more and more likely that PS3 will take the overall crown for the year.

PS3 2,311,336 (-84%) 48,657,192
Wii 2,152,205 (-88%) 85,811,989
X360 2,085,338 (-85%) 52,473,979

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Around the Network

Cant wait for the ps3 cut so it can really kick it into high gear

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Ps3 won't be so high and mighty with the hit to japan next week =/

BluGamer23 said:

hope you guys are not forgetting japan are in a disaster right now..

Anyway pokemon pwns all games.. just wait till it gets on the 3DS..  what do you reckon will happen to that?..

who can resist pokemon with better graphics in 3D!.. now what will the NGP have?.. LOL

They didnt have Pokemon with the PSP and did pretty well really. Not DS numbers but the best selling non Ninty Handheld is a pretty good job.

morenoingrato said:
Carl2291 said:

There are always further adjustments.

... So?

Brilliant PS3 and DS considering the slow season and the terrible things happening these days. If Wii just did a little better in Japan it could stay closer to PS3 WW...

It looks like PS3 and PC users are hating Dragon Age II novelties more than XB360 ones.

It also looks like Kinect be driving most of XB360 current sales, curious, considering how hardcore and FPS-oriented this console was perceived even in the recent past.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!