By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 8 minute gameplay walkthrough of Deus Ex: HR!

Really looking forward to this Game. 

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Around the Network

I've never played a Deus Ex game, but System Shock which inspired Deus Ex.

Deus Ex: HR looks very promising, I'll get it.

looks amazing much more interested in this than the typical shooters comming out.

cr00mz said:

why does the main character sound like Clint Eastwood? i dont like that

i dont like the switching between First Person and THird Person camera. If you're going to put in third person parts then just make the whole game third person.

other then that the game looked cool, nice that you can take several paths

I love the switching between FPS and TPS. That's one of the things I like about fallout. You can make it any type of game,you want it to be.

I like it,the game play is right up my alley.

Around the Network
okr said:

I've never played a Deus Ex game, but System Shock which inspired Deus Ex.

Deus Ex: HR looks very promising, I'll get it.

If you like System Shock and System Shock 2 then you should like Deus Ex.  I think you can get the GOTY edition on Steam for the monetary equivilent of peanuts and it still holds up well enough today IMHO - certainly when I played through it again recently I was amazed at how, once you settled to ignorning the graphics, it felt more sophisticated and advanced than most current games.

The orginal Deus Ex, System Shock and it's sequel for me represent the high point of a much more involving experience leveraging a first person view.  This does look good, but the level of highlighting of objects seems a little excessive to an old hand at the title like me.  Hopefully you can switch it off - although sadly most developers today seem to have no idea how easily the could give a few more settings and how easily this would probably net them additional sales.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Fufinu said:
mchaza said:
Fufinu said:

Why the switching between first and third person?

Seems very faithful to the first game though!

true but then why have the cover system at all because its just as same as standing near the way and having an overcomplicated lean button.

anyways its has an very Half life 2 type feel to it, displaying how Half life 2 has aged so very well in the years. Hopefully its as good and thrilling as that master piece in its own right 

I think that what they are doing so far looks great but part of the thrill of the original Deus Ex was the size and scope of some of the missions. I think that the Hong Kong 'level' was one of the best things in gaming. Ever. Wonder whether they can manage to get close to that.

Yes, yes it was! I really hope they manage to pull that off too. I still have memories of sneaking into the police station and in the other area of Hong Kong killing and throwing Maggie Chow out of the window... hehehe, good times!

Fufinu said:

I think it's to give you a larger viewable area when sneaking. They switched to a cover based stealth mechanic rather than a shadow/light based one. 

Can't wait for this to arrive. I've been dying for a Deus Ex style game for ages.

Scoobes said:
Fufinu said:
mchaza said:
Fufinu said:

true but then why have the cover system at all because its just as same as standing near the way and having an overcomplicated lean button.

anyways its has an very Half life 2 type feel to it, displaying how Half life 2 has aged so very well in the years. Hopefully its as good and thrilling as that master piece in its own right 

I think that what they are doing so far looks great but part of the thrill of the original Deus Ex was the size and scope of some of the missions. I think that the Hong Kong 'level' was one of the best things in gaming. Ever. Wonder whether they can manage to get close to that.

Yes, yes it was! I really hope they manage to pull that off too. I still have memories of sneaking into the police station and in the other area of Hong Kong killing and throwing Maggie Chow out of the window... hehehe, good times!

I also remember that her maid was annoying :)