By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 8 minute gameplay walkthrough of Deus Ex: HR!

Fufinu said:
Scoobes said:
Fufinu said:
mchaza said:
Fufinu said:

Why the switching between first and third person?

Seems very faithful to the first game though!

true but then why have the cover system at all because its just as same as standing near the way and having an overcomplicated lean button.

anyways its has an very Half life 2 type feel to it, displaying how Half life 2 has aged so very well in the years. Hopefully its as good and thrilling as that master piece in its own right 

I think that what they are doing so far looks great but part of the thrill of the original Deus Ex was the size and scope of some of the missions. I think that the Hong Kong 'level' was one of the best things in gaming. Ever. Wonder whether they can manage to get close to that.

Yes, yes it was! I really hope they manage to pull that off too. I still have memories of sneaking into the police station and in the other area of Hong Kong killing and throwing Maggie Chow out of the window... hehehe, good times!

I also remember that her maid was annoying :)

She was.  While I played the game in a fairly pacifist role, Maggie and her annoying maid never made it to the end of any of my playthroughs.  Tragic but necessary.

And the Hong Kong section really was superb.  Haven't played anything like it in years.

I so want to like this, and I'm seeing a lot I like, but I'm keep my hopes muted until it launches.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

All that has been shown up to now has been from the first two missions. I have faith that the objectives and levels become more complex and more expansive such as in the hong kong level later on in the game.

PS3 Trophies

I still hate the third-person camera but at least it's not as bad as I thought it would be. It just seems they put it in there because cover systems are 'in' right now and third-person camera makes stealth easier.

Also, the level shown seemed pretty small and limited but I suppose I should expect that from the first level of the game. I'm still fairly hopeful about this game, it could be one of the best games in years. I just hope I can turn off, or at least turn down, those annoying yellow highlights. I don't necessarily mind having less visible highlights when I'm close but right now it's pretty bad. And I prefer playing without such help anyway. If they don't give the option to turn it off, they're obviously being lazy in one regard at least.

Zkuq said:

I still hate the third-person camera but at least it's not as bad as I thought it would be. It just seems they put it in there because cover systems are 'in' right now and third-person camera makes stealth easier.

Also, the level shown seemed pretty small and limited but I suppose I should expect that from the first level of the game. I'm still fairly hopeful about this game, it could be one of the best games in years. I just hope I can turn off, or at least turn down, those annoying yellow highlights. I don't necessarily mind having less visible highlights when I'm close but right now it's pretty bad. And I prefer playing without such help anyway. If they don't give the option to turn it off, they're obviously being lazy in one regard at least.

the first level might be small an limited from what we have seen, but by the looks of it its far more expansive then every single first person shooter released last hoildays levels combined. I am freaking out that there is an shooter with more than 3 paths. I fought that went extinct

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Does anyone else hate the artstyle?

The entire game the color of piss!

Around the Network
dobby985 said:

Does anyone else hate the artstyle?

The entire game the color of piss!

Personal preference really, i like it if only because its not brown like every other games.

Piss is still better then shit. 

Gold and Black, I like it, has a specific sci-fi look that distinguishes itself from others

personally, i like the general look of the game. and i dont mind the first to third person all that much, as long as it is implemented well. glad it isnt just another cookie-cutter FPS. cant wait!

can this game get any more brown? lol

hopefully everything's highlighted because it's in "easy" difficulty, or something like that. other than that it looks fine for what they show (no augmentations). but the "stealth" kills are rather noisy lol

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!