By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Neil Young: Sony's 'In Trouble' in the Games Hardware Market

When I read the thread's title I already knew who posted it.

Around the Network

Ha, I see I'm not the only one who immediately thought of the singer. I personally would like to hear what Bruce Springsteen has to say on the matter.

VGChartz

daroamer said:

He said the PS3 was the only one capable of 1080p and the only console to support 3D, then goes on to say Sony is always pushing the technology and Microsoft is going to get out of making hardware presumably because Sony has the edge on hardware?  Yet ignoring that the original Xbox was more powerful than the PS2 and was the first to incorporate a HD as standard.  I would have gone through it point by point but clearly his opinion is based on incorrect information, so why waste my time?

Just an fyi, telling someone to lighten up and then trying to insult them for using a saying you think is pretentious....is sending some mixed messages. ;)

And heres the source of your anger towards him. How dare he insuniate that MS will leave the console industry! Don't worry buddy I doubt they're going anywhere so you can stop being so defensive. 

And adding smiley faces to your posts in an attempt to seem cheeky and fun just makes you look you're trying too hard to cover your tracks. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:

daroamer said:

He said the PS3 was the only one capable of 1080p and the only console to support 3D, then goes on to say Sony is always pushing the technology and Microsoft is going to get out of making hardware presumably because Sony has the edge on hardware?  Yet ignoring that the original Xbox was more powerful than the PS2 and was the first to incorporate a HD as standard.  I would have gone through it point by point but clearly his opinion is based on incorrect information, so why waste my time?

Just an fyi, telling someone to lighten up and then trying to insult them for using a saying you think is pretentious....is sending some mixed messages. ;)

And heres the source of your anger towards him. How dare he insuniate that MS will leave the console industry! Don't worry buddy I doubt they're going anywhere so you can stop being so defensive. 

And adding smiley faces to your posts in an attempt to seem cheeky and fun just makes you look you're trying too hard to cover your tracks. 

LOL, reread your post and then try to figure out who's trying too hard.  "Cover my tracks", good lord, like I care what you think of me enough to have to do that.  "Oh my, I don't want Leatherhat to think I'm pretentious!  I should put a smiley in here to throw him off my tracks so maybe he'll respect me and think I'm cool!"

My point was not in some defence of Microsoft, it was in defense of the truth.  If you had bothered to read everything I said you'd see that.  If it's his opinion that Microsoft is going to bow out of making hardware due to feeling that they can't match Sony in making hardware then that's his right.  I only corrected the things he's was blatantly wrong about and then said it invalidated his opinion in my eyes since he didn't even seem to know what he was talking about.

well i'm not any company fans at all, as long as there is games i like, i will buy it doesn't matter which way next gaming is better with... my next target is NGP... ^^