By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Amazing VR with the Wii.

Leaning in a FPS just reached a whole other level. Also the thought of bullets or other objects flying at you would be intense.

Around the Network

When I say the video he did where he used the Wiimote as a lightsaber, I thought it was pretty cool. This video takes the cake though. If you look at his website he has a note for another video called 3D tracking coming out soon. I can't wait to see what he does. http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~johnny/projects/wii/

That was freaking amazing...imagaine a new MEtroid game using this...

leo-j said:
The ending is a lie(its far more immersive than anything else we've seen in homes today).

The ps eye is still more virtual reality like than that.

Also, Thats pretty cool

The kid that nobody likes strikes again.

I'd really appreciate it if you'd just leave these boards. You stupidity and fanboyism is amazing.

Samus012 said:
That was freaking amazing...imagaine a new MEtroid game using this...

When I saw the end part where he used a 2nd wiimote at first I too thought of using it in Metroid but the whole aspect of leaning out of the way makes me think an actual FPS perhaps even utilizing a cover system instead of Metroid's "First Person Adventure" style would suit it better.  I know plenty of ppl above mentioned bullets following you but traditional bullets move fast and are harder to visually track each identical bullet outside of a Max Payne slo-mo sequence.  Just imagine playing a game like Halo with a sci-fi gun like the Needler and seeing that pink spray close in on you while you try to duck behind a rock.

Around the Network

Nah leo-j is harmless. He makes me laugh most days.

Really awesome. Couldn't use it for "moving", but you could use it for minor head movements and camera tracking.

WiiFit could *almost* do this... parts of it anyway.

I want this in the next Wii Zelda game!

(next step is to use this with some form of VR goggles...?) 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Moongoddess256 said:
I have to wonder why this hasn't already been done. On the actual youtube video someone posted a comment claiming that sony already has a patent on this. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

There's an arcade game called Police 911 made by Konami that used a motion tracking system to allow the player to duck behind cover and dodge bullets in a rail shooter. This is the best video I've been able to find of it.

You can see the metal framework around the cabinet which houses the motion sensing apparatus. I have no idea what kind of technology it uses (ultrasonic?), but the game detects the player's height and lateral position and adjusts the camera angle accordingly.

It's my favourite rail shooter ever.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

^OMG

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

That totally blew away my expectations. Nintendo definitely needs to snatch that up right now and get to work. The possibilities for Wii goggles +Wiimote + Wii board are almost limitless.  Just the thought of an FPS where the Wii mote controls aiming/major looking, the nunchuck movement, the Wii board fine movements like jumping and leaning, and those glasses fine looking would be enough for me to buy all of them. On the flip side, anyone want to bet which 3rd party (*cough* EA *cough*) butchers it the most?