By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Amazing VR with the Wii.

Unholy Turds!!! I just Shyt my Tounge and Swallowed my Pants!!!

Me: Even if you think you like me... You Don't! It's just that simple. I can be the bigger man and accept Xbox 360 may have some good games but screw their Hardware to HELL!!! F*** the RROD!!! Me: I'm not a fan boy :D. I just choose to hate everything Micro$oft and I love being immature! Can't wait to talk to you! Aesop: It is easy to be brave from a safe distance. Aesop: We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. Me: STFU... I'm eating tacos....... I reverse...... yea! Predictions for 2008 Coming Soon!!!

Around the Network

Wow, Nintendo should patent those VR goggles right now! It will be awesome to see in any game, not just onrail shooters or fps. They should bundle it with Wii sports 2 or something.. It will be bigger than Wii Fit!

Imagine a boxing game like that where your opponent jumped right out of the screen at you :D

The_vagabond7 said:
Miyamoto said we wouldn't believe the kinds of games that we'd be getting from our wii 5 years from now. Maybe he knows the possibilities inherent in the wii's technology, but I agree that this beat's the hell out of waggle. They could package it with a game with the headset and a stand for your wiimote and just explain that you need to put the wiimote where the sensor bar is, and BAM....that would be TRUE next gen gaming.

Not even. It would be much more consumer friendly to package in a replacement sensor bar that includes an IR sensor and the ability for the game to turn off the IR Lights on the bar when using the new kind of game. Then the IR sensor/camera can track your itty headset (lets not even make it a headset, lets make it a headband because we dont need to look through any kind of glasses) and presto your golden. They can call it Wii 3D, hell they can send it out for free like they did the new straps and the new wiimote covers, then sell Wii 3D, and developers could really do some crazy stuff.

-- Just thought of it , a next-gen madden game, first person Quarter Back, your standing there, you hit A to hike the ball, your holding the ball (your wii mote) looking around on the feild, looking for someone open, you turn and get sacked... you suck... but still , fun fun.

OMG that is so trippy!

Around the Network

i just downloaded it and ran it .. was pretty awesome! - it is hard to set up the wiimote in a good position though (so that you don't hit the edge of the proverbial screen (did i use proverbial right?)

I also showed family, and they loved both the targets and the picture (i changed the pic from a stadium to something more familiar to them)

the program itself is pretty well built, it allows you to remove targets, lines, grids, help text, background pic (or bring them back again) as well as some set up options like remote being above/below the screen, and recentering camera at current sensorbar position, and also lets you randomly reposition the targets

That is truly amazing. This guy deserves a five-digit monthly salary :)

Edit: The devs could develop a small addon to the sensor bar, which would contain only the Wiimote IR camera and would be fed with one AA or AAA battery.I guess this would be much cheaper than the Wiimote. They could than bundle it with game that uses this VR method, and add the lamp goggles too. I guess the price of goggles and IR camera addon together wouldn't be more than $15 in mass production

"a picture that is so real, you will only find out its not when the doctor tells you he can not find a bullet hole" - that might not be an exact quote, but 50 points to anyone who knows where it is from

That is possibly the sweetest most awesome thing I have seen the Wii do.

Two words....

Fucking Incredible

I showed this to a friend and he was amazed.