By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - For those who have seen the 3DS... What did you think of the 3D?

For those who have seen the 3DS... What did you think of the 3D?

Amazing! Take my money! 113 46.12%

Neat: yes, mind-blowing: no 74 30.20%

Disappointing... probably won't get it... 19 7.76%

I think I'm going to be sick 14 5.71%

Can't see 3d :( 25 10.20%

Total:245

So I got to check it out at the ol' Best Buy yesterday, and I was very impressed with the 3D effects. It's not the second coming or anything like that, but it does provide something that hasn't been seen before, and it actually adds to the experience (in this example: Pilotwings Resort).

So from what I took away is that the 3D isn't some gimmick, it actually has the ability to make games look great. I love the sense of depth that it provides. And the "sweet spot" is very easy to get into, and I had no problem looking from one screen to another and almost immediately going back to that sweet spot.

Can't wait for March 27th!

Around the Network
Hephaestos said:
kitler53 said:
Hephaestos said:

holly crap, we have 10% of one eyed people here (can't see 3D), my sympathies.

I've seen it and the screen is nice, birght and sharp. Having PC 3D, I can tell you that it's pretty much what i expected and I wasn't disapointed.

there are quite a bit more reasons why someone would be 3D blind other than only having vision in one eye such as amblyopia, strabismus, and optic nerve hypoplasia.

OT - haven't seen it yet but i look forward to having a look-see when i can.

yeah that's people who don't see well too...and they say 2-12% of population (this includes one eyed dudes), so on an internet site (so a sight intensive activity) discussing video games (an other sight intensive activity) it is surprising to be at 10%...
Moreover some of these problems are more likely on an older population when one would assume the VGC crowd to be relatively young.

i was actually surprised this poll didn't have a higher % saying they couldn't see 3D...trolls historically have pretty bad eye sight.

After playing it for a good while at the local Best Buy I gotta say I enjoyed it.  I think after the way sites hyped it at E3 2010 it's nearly impossible for it to blow you away like it did to them, but I was impressed by the little handheld.

Pilotwings Resort was the only game at the demo station sadly but the 3D I felt enhanced that title.  Depth is something flying, racing, and games where you swim has always needed, I cannot tell you how many times the lack of depth has actually made me miss a ring in the old pilotwings or swimming sections of Mario games.  The 3D takes care of that problem as I was able to focus on the next target and fly to it in the demo without any issues.

I really wish I had the chance to play other games but the kiosk wouldn't even allow me to go to the home menu to play some faceraiders.  

In the end the 3D is going to enhance a few games, for those that have never even heard of it I feel they probably will be blown away and it will have people talking, but for us that has kept up on the news the 3D being nice is what we expect, the launch games are just that launch games nothing to blow users away with, so we're left going "it's a really cool system can't wait till that new OoT comes out, until then I'm playing some SSFIV and Pokemon".

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

If I can see cinema 3D and cross-eye 3D, should I be able to see 3DS 3D?

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Hephaestos said:
kitler53 said:
Hephaestos said:

I've seen it and the screen is nice, birght and sharp. Having PC 3D, I can tell you that it's pretty much what i expected and I wasn't disapointed.

there are quite a bit more reasons why someone would be 3D blind other than only having vision in one eye such as amblyopia, strabismus, and optic nerve hypoplasia.

yeah that's people who don't see well too...and they say 2-12% of population (this includes one eyed dudes), so on an internet site (so a sight intensive activity) discussing video games (an other sight intensive activity) it is surprising to be at 10%...
Moreover some of these problems are more likely on an older population when one would assume the VGC crowd to be relatively young.

Or people are choosing that option to see the results of the pool.

Around the Network

We had one in at work last week.

It was better than I expected, but some people didn't get it even when 3D was turned right up.

In the case of the 3DS and it's 3D capabilities other people's opinion matter little. It's a lot to do with the state of your own eyesight and how your brain interprets it.

radishhead said:

Should work perfectly fine.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

kitler53 said:
Hephaestos said:
kitler53 said:
Hephaestos said:

i was actually surprised this poll didn't have a higher % saying they couldn't see 3D...trolls historically have pretty bad eye sight.

yes, responding to you I kind of forgot that my first post was also to make fun of trolls voting in exess... but then the data you gave fits the % ^^

anyways... just one week left.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

radishhead said:

it's the same as cinema 3D, but the glasses are incorporated to the screen (not true but kinda). So Yes.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

seriously, after staring at it for couple of mins, I had slight headache. I do not think I am getting one.